Tells us about yourself and how you found the site.
  • 74 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
4zaviola wrote:
Hi all, my name is Sergio and I live in Scotland, the best country in the world.

Found this site a month ago, absolutely love it. Such a diverse group of people from all over the world.

I love Fiorentina, hence my handle.
PeridotMonkey wrote:
Hi, I'm rather new to this site, having only found it a month ago. I've been playing Secret Mission Risk at home for a year after finding it in the Munich Airport, so we have it in German. I want to get better but don't have an infinite amount of time to devote to this site. My favorite thing about this site is the friendly community, but the maps are awesome, especially the New York City map. I'm a fan of Beatles music and enjoy all sorts of society games.
Fendi wrote:
Now that we have so many members it'll be fun to get to know them and how they stumbled upon D12
Hoodlum wrote:
Hi, well many of you active players may know my name by now, I signed up this year in June and have clocked up so many games already. Many of them live 1v1 games, sametime games, and now long term games. I can't get
enough of the variety that D12 has. I'm far from new to risk though.
My on-line Risk history stretches around 15 years, playing on the original Hasbro PC game Risk and it's successor RISK 2. The name Hoodlum comes from me joining my first clan called the Risk Mob, where I had to choose a mobster name. The name Hood just stuck. 15 years I could write a pages of stuff.
Long story very short on how I found myself here. Got a sporting injury, had some time at home. I started looking for a fix for RISK 2, to try and help it with on-line stability as this is it's main flaw for online play, and I have a crappy connection. On my search I found this gem of a place, which ticked off all of my risk wish list, and more. I gave up on my original search, and focused on bringing what's remaining of my community here. At the least, so they know where to find me. The D12 staff have been just as awesome as the game play. There's a lot of heart and history that has built this place, that I am now glad to be a part of. You wont find a better place to play a Risk strategy game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice to know your Risk history Hoodlum... And @farspace... I think you probably conked out and lost your memory!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
Not that far if light only took a day to get here ;)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
PsymonStark wrote:
Seeing your answer, you are maximum at 1,2 light hours. That is pretty far anyway... ~10 times the Sun-Earth distance, but not a so far space place :P
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
farspaceplace wrote:
true, but u have not concidered wormholes which allows bending of time, reality. By utilizing these i can in 1 day travel quite enormoues distances.
Fendi wrote:
Even though this conversation is amusing I still prefer that we kept to the original topic.
emjaydee wrote:
Hmm, better late than never ....

My name is Michael and I am a 34 year old father of 4.

I live in Lincolnshire, UK but as I'm from an RAF family, I was born in Germany and have lived in various places both there and the UK.

I am a lifelong passionate Man City supporter, hence the preference of playing as light blue.

I found this site on Google bored one night. Never really played Risk before here, but I'm now slightly addicted.

I'm hoping one-day to crack the D12, but currently have only broken top-50 once.

Failing that, my aim is to reverse my awful rankings against Spartakus and Muzthebus. :)
runner wrote:
Hey guys a 58 year old from Bristol UK. Used to be a big fan of boardgames and trying to relive those days of my youth. I work at the local magistrates court, am a keen runner and compete in numerous half marathons, 10k's etc throughout the year. I also love cycling commute to and from to work each day and take part in the odd 100k bike ride. I love computing, reading and listening to jazz, rock and classical music. I do find this an excellent site to play risk on I love the turn based style of play but I am particularly impressed with the quality and choice of maps:))