Tells us about yourself and how you found the site.
  • 74 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
Vexer wrote:
There are so many new members lately that I can't keep up with who's who.

I thought it would be fun if everyone would introduce themselves.

I'd like to know where you are from, how you learned the game, how long you've been playing and how you found the site. And also, if you are friends with anyone on the site that would be fun to know too.

I'll go first.
I've been on the site for over a year now. My uncle taught me risk when I was like 10. I found the site through Google. Paddlin is my brother in law and Glanru is my brother. I am from Portland Oregon USA. Also, I help make maps for the site.
Pntbttr wrote:
Hi I have been on the site for close to a year now
I began playing with my uncle (jakedchen) on a real board but he doesn't live near by so we couldn't play very often so this was really cool
I also introduced it to Yoda, DsDs and AJ who are my friends I also got my cousin on here but he hasn't been able to get on the site lately (Vladimir is my brother)
I live in the Northeast area of the USA
I have also began making maps for the site
ikenslay wrote:
I actually joined the site last May (I think) but seeing as how I haven't played many games I guess I'll introduce myself anyways. My name's Taylor, I live in New York and attend Houghton College (almost a senior). I think I first played Risk 4 or so years ago and haven't really had anybody to play with until I got to college and found this site. I love military strategy,tactics, and history and enjoy applying some of these principles in competitive play. I introduced Blizzard417 (a college friend and housemate) and a couple other guys that don't play often. One of the things that really drew me to Dominating 12 was the small group of devoted players.
lucide wrote:
Most sites have an "introduce yourself" part in forums, those who want to talk about themselves write there. We may also create one.. I am from Turkey, Istanbul, 29years old computer engineer. Risk is an good old game we used to play in high school, Nearly about a year ago I searched for a place to play risk online, I have registered to the sites that you all know about, and stuck with this place only.
Fendi wrote:
Hello all.

I might as well follow the crowd. Some of you know me as "The wicked Old Cat Lady From the North", "The {MEAN)(KILLER) wicked Old Cat Lady From the North with a bad hip" etc.
Well the truth is, I am a young adult who lives in Sweden. My brother introduced me to risk approximately 2 years ago and I have been hooked on it ever since. I have never played the board game but would not mind trying it out.

I found Dominating12 through google and I have been a member for over a year now.

Also, I am one of the Admins on this site. =)

Take care.
thaithai wrote:
hi , my name Ngo Thai Dien , i am from Vietnamese, Ho Chi Minh city, born in 1987.
i found this site through google image,and i have been a member for over a year.it is hard to find a Vietnamese member in any risk site.
good luck
Holt wrote:
Hey everyone! My name is Nick and I actually just stumbled across this site back in the early days of its existence. I started playing on here because it was one of the only sites I could get on the play Risk at work. Now I love the site and I have been coming back ever since. I am from St. Louis, MO USA. I have a Fiance and one son. I hope to see this site continue to grow and continue to bring with that new diverse members. As you all should know by now Risk is understood by any culture and if this is a way to bring us all together than by all means, keep it Risky my friends... =)
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I also got my other bro and sis on the site my bro is weirdbob200jr and my sis is Loshay11.....I am in my early teens
Glanru wrote:
My brother, Vexer, introduced me to this site. His interest in Risk is greater than my own, but I've always enjoyed games about taking over the world. I suppose that played a role in my decision to join the Marine Corps, and later the Army. I have deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq. While in Iraq I was introduced to Photoshop. I've worked hard to increase those skills, using them to make a few maps.
Eagle22 wrote:
Hey, I am from the land down under. Australia of course. My interest came from my younger brother, playing the board game RISK and later through Conquer Club. I have been in CC for a while now over a year. My brother has joined here at D12 and his handle is, anomaly. I found this site through Cody224 who is on CC as well we are locked into a three way tussle with a guy from the UK, currently we are at round 214.
I hope there is no prejudice against CC players ;). Don't know if this site will be as big as CC but I have found you guys mostly pretty easy to talk with. Cheers :)
santas22 wrote:
Hello all I am from Minnesota, i have played the board game and decided that riskis fun but i never get to play it with any of my friends because their is just not the time...i found the site last year and 1771 taught me the ropes....i don't have any siblings or friends just most of you on the site i am friends with...I play on other sites as well with the same name as here =)
BrewDog wrote:
I am Brew Dog, its my gaming moniker on most platforms. I found this site by searching "play risk online" on facebook. My bros and my dad used to play Risk all the time on family road trips. Recently my bro and some friends set up a live match on 03/31 and I wanted to knock the rust off and administer a severe whooping. I played a couple games and quickly became addicted, thanks. Mid 30's from Chicago area and I'm always joking around. 
Leedog wrote:
Brew, I'm from Chicago too (Technically N.W Suburbs)!! Bears, Hawks and Sox fan!! Good city with good people... =)

Found the website through Google... 3rd page and was impressed with the maps D12 offered and player rankings... jaconan was the first who showed me how website worked.

Fendi and Thorpe also helped me learn how the game was played here.

Had my son (CreamyPanda... prefers video games), step-brother (Mnhrules... prefers online backgammon) and wife (Morano... prefers Facebook games) join but are not as enthusiastic about Risk as I am (probably because I showed them no mercy... they shall return though).

marcoxa wrote:
love reading these and getting to know you guys!

My name is William and i live in good old New Hampshire. Most of you probably don't know me most likely because i have only been here since march 30th 2012. risk was my favorite board game growing up and it still is. and i always wanted to do a US map. so i went looking on Google to see if i can find an online risk game that has a US map, and i found D12. and even though i have been here only for a week i realized this site is so much more than just a online risk game that has some cool maps. its so cool to see really dedicated risk players. and i thought i was pretty good at risk, but i was dead wrong, you guys really give me a challenge and i love playing on here. and i got allot to learn lol. i'm still in high-school and i am training to be a videographer. but i also do all types of digital design and i like being a videographer because it incorporates many type of media. so when i found out that the maps were created by the players themselves, i got really excited and i decided that i must make one. i love a new challenge and this sure is allot of fun. :D I've already hooked up with votazap and we are working on a new map as i type. cant wait to show it to you guys. this is a site with a bunch of great people playing some challenging and fun risk. and i'm glad to be apart of it :)
Matty wrote:
So hi there everyone.

I'm Mattias, though usually called Matty by everyone, a 20-year-old kid from The Netherlands (or Holland if you like).

I found turborisk once because my friend (ThunderHunter) talked with me about it. Back then we had lots of spare time and liked to program AI's for it ;-).
And through turborisk's mailing list I heard from Vexer about dxii, and gave it a try.
Didn't take me long to fall in love again with risk.

I've always liked it, but since i was playing it serious most ppl didnt like to play with me (well, they usually just couldnt win).
And well, two player games arent that much fun.

But here I learned that I actually wasn't that good at risk, since there are some ppl out there who surprise me every time again ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria