Game thread
  • 1025 posts
  • Page 4 of 69
elysium5 wrote:
Madagascarter
I don't know if this is common, but I won't be able to send anyone a message because I have no money... Maybe I could be invited to the Opera's so I can talk things over with people?

I have no money either.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
periwinkle
Ok...still need to wrap my head around this.....

I think we all need to wrap out head around this.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
ThickTalon wrote:
elysium5
I am running the game mechanics through my head and am wondering why Tenn is being so aggressive in trying to get everyone to confide in him. He is being a little misleading with the reasoning if I am interpreting things correctly.

It looks like there are 3 faction, one of which must be the first to emigrate together to win.

It looks like there are also androids and bounty hunters to contend with. I don't see anything that sheds a positive light on the androids so they are likely the 'mafia' this game but the "The bounty hunters are here to save the day... but there have been rumors of bounty hunters killing actual humans, so who knows if the bounty hunters are actually good for their community..."

If Tenn is in fact one of the factions, how does everyone (who are in a faction) giving him info help their own faction emigrate first? Or are we blindly giving info to the androids or the bounty hunters?

We all have the chance to communicate openly right here and right now.

Does anyone have a better way to do this than the one suggestion from the one player who is known to try and manipulate every one every game to just blindly trust that his info collecting will actually be a benifit to MY faction and not his? Or the androids? Or even the supposedly helpful bounty hunters?

There is a lot going on here and Tenn is putting out a lot of assumptions about the game mechanics, not really breaking things down properly and putting everyone on a time limited 'hot seat' hoping we all just blindly trust his idea and how his idea will help just myself and the other two who are in my own faction?

He will have information from everyone who gives it to him and no idea what he is actually going to use it for.

I don't trust that if he is indeed in one of the three factions and not my own that this is going to help me and my own in any way shape or form.

This needs to be discussed more as the rush job smells fishy, or should I say 'rusty tin manny' and/or 'Boba Fetty..."

Great take. Alot to unwrap, will probably not be sending Tenn my full bio. However trust can be earned.

ThickTalon wrote:
elysium5
Madagascarter
I don't know if this is common, but I won't be able to send anyone a message because I have no money... Maybe I could be invited to the Opera's so I can talk things over with people?

I have no money either.

Nor do I. I suppose that how to earn money will be revealed through the next few days?
ThickTalon wrote:
One thing that we are introducing this game is money! It is useful to have money to be able to emigrate, but you also need to prove that you are successful enough on earth by owning a hovercar and an animal(an electric one will do as long as it hasn't short circuited.) You can buy these items from certain dealers, as well as other items that allow you to communicate(hovercars allow you to visit people, but you can also buy opera tickets and animals and other things.)

@PYG and CHIP

Since we have money, what happens to our $, if we have any, if we are Voted off or killed in the night?
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
That is a very good question, if you die during the night, your money is lost. But, if you emigrate, you can choose to give some money to another player, if you want to give money at anytime, PM me with the person you want to give it to and how much, they will receive it with your name attached, unless you want it to be anonymous.
Eat my dust.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
town should always want a flow of info to be able to know is on there side. mafia always want to stop that flow since they already have all (most) the info they need. they do this by discouraging PM chat and forum info posts. they do this by throwing threats around about "what if you give this info to the wrong person" kind of talk.
If Tenn is in fact one of the factions, how does everyone (who are in a faction) giving him info help their own faction emigrate first?
it helps because i have stated that i will help you find your teammates in case you do not want to come out w it publicly and by sharing things privately w me it is not out in the forum for the bad guys to copy/paste. if i fail to do so , it will be known quickly.
i am also in favor of that but we run the risk of a mole. i claim a human in a faction. if someone else claims it and can be trusted = i would gladly let them be the person gathering and giving out info and putting the target on their back.
Does anyone have a better way to do this than the one suggestion
i too am open to suggestions
the one player who is known to try and manipulate every one every game
- glad you noticed, but anyone who has really paid attention will know that whenever i am town i try to organize against the mafia by promoting communication (which is just the opposite of what mafia want)
Tenn is putting out a lot of assumptions about the game mechanics, not really breaking things down properly
yes i am making assumptions about the game mechanics - i see that the 3 factions need to work together for one of us the achieve a win. i think the bad guys will weed us out down to the winning faction - - not us killing each other off. if i know someone is town but not my faction = i will certainly not be in favor of voting them off ahead of an unknown or a known bad guy.  i welcome anyone else breaking things down properly.
putting everyone on a time limited
this is very mafia sounding - it is not me that has put a time limit on things - we have only 1 chance per day to PM 1 other player. mafia will say to wait a while and let more info come out - meanwhile let's night kill the one trying to organize the town. so yes there is a time crunch on me. i will be night killed early on which means one of you will not. but i can still win if my 2 other faction members win.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Abs wrote:
elysium5
I am running the game mechanics through my head and am wondering why Tenn is being so aggressive in trying to get everyone to confide in him. He is being a little misleading with the reasoning if I am interpreting things correctly.

It looks like there are 3 faction, one of which must be the first to emigrate together to win.

It looks like there are also androids and bounty hunters to contend with. I don't see anything that sheds a positive light on the androids so they are likely the 'mafia' this game but the "The bounty hunters are here to save the day... but there have been rumors of bounty hunters killing actual humans, so who knows if the bounty hunters are actually good for their community..."

If Tenn is in fact one of the factions, how does everyone (who are in a faction) giving him info help their own faction emigrate first? Or are we blindly giving info to the androids or the bounty hunters?

Does anyone have a better way to do this than the one suggestion from the one player who is known to try and manipulate every one every game to just blindly trust that his info collecting will actually be a benifit to MY faction and not his? Or the androids? Or even the supposedly helpful bounty hunters?

There is a lot going on here and Tenn is putting out a lot of assumptions about the game mechanics, not really breaking things down properly and putting everyone on a time limited 'hot seat' hoping we all just blindly trust his idea and how his idea will help just myself and the other two who are in my own faction?

He will have information from everyone who gives it to him and no idea what he is actually going to use it for.

I don't trust that if he is indeed in one of the three factions and not my own that this is going to help me and my own in any way shape or form.

This needs to be discussed more as the rush job smells fishy, or should I say 'rusty tin manny' and/or 'Boba Fetty..."

Nice summary Ely, one comment, Ten always comes out the blocks at 100mph so I am not surprised or seeing any major pattern here but he just likes to be in control.

I’m still trying to get a grip on game mechanics but you are right, it seems we only have the forum to work out our friends and foes
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
A new mailman will be appointed if the mailman dies or emigrates, it will be added to their role, same with some other crucial roles.

Just a reminder, you CAN use the #message ability RIGHT NOW.
Eat my dust.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have sent a 25 word PM. apparently the mailman can read the message and may be able to decide to forward it or not? we could let the mailman gather and give out info if he is willing.
Live long and prosper
Abs wrote:
Yep I also sent the mailman a PM so let’s see..

Clearly the Mailman is the most powerful role as can see all messages!?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
the mailman is town. if the mailman wants to remain annonomous - then he can PM me and tell me so. i will post in the forum that he is willing. we can all 25 word PM ourselves so that only the mailman reads it.
Live long and prosper