Game thread
  • 1025 posts
  • Page 3 of 69
2ofclubs wrote:
Ryomyr
Just to double check ... I am counting 16 total players in the game ... is that right?
My take - yes with 9 town jobs and assumed 4 factions.
WRKD4IT
Ryomyr wrote:
Still thinking about game mechanics, so bare with me ... do you all think that the cop, the doctor, and the opera singers also have something to sell to town?
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
so it seems the androids are the mafia in a sense and i would think they can PM and their win clause is to kill humans?
bounty hunters need to kill androids?
we (town) need to get out of town.
it also seems that pyg wanted to have 3 each of each town faction and 3 androids and 3 bounty hunters - so where did he put the extra player - 1 extra bounty hunter, 1 extra android, a wild card independent neutral
i am a member of one of the factions - assuming that only the androids know each other = the rest of us need to ID the other members of our faction or other bounty hunters. therefore, if you will send me a PM with a unique part of your role assignment from pyg - then i will tell you who else is on your team. this is a good deal for you. i will keep your info private except for telling the others on your team. there is nothing in my win clause that would make me want to reveal your info or cause you harm. the benefit to me is that i find my team mates and earn some money in the process down the road.

You can be the mafia trying to get info to prioritize threat and your kills. Why would you need money? 
I always want to trust you Ten. Send me a honest revealing PM and I will send you 1 as you request, No glitches here Johnny 5 is not alive like me.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
Ryomyr
Still thinking about game mechanics, so bare with me ... do you all think that the cop, the doctor, and the opera singers also have something to sell to town?
Not sure but I was reassured the cop can make money.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
so we each get one message to be sent to another player per day 25 word max. these will be very important. don't waste the opportunity. i may or may not have already gotten some responses so if you want to get in contact with your teammates or want to sell something = PM me. i am town - if i were not = i would not need to use this method to communicate. and don't wait til the last minute - you and I and the moderator will all have to come on-line for the message to go through so there may not be time if you wait too late.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
apparently since it is now day 0 = no actions are yet allowed such as sending me a PM.
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
Game Thread messages no PM (unless to the hosts) and no actions. Correct?
WRKD4IT
elysium5 wrote:
Is there a player list?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Tennesseelogman wrote:
pygmyhippo277 wrote:  Posted: 7 minutes ago 
Post #38
Messages are allowed at this time, that's it.
ok so message me - i will only be able to respond to 1 of you today in PM but if you give me multiple choice questions - i will be able to respond in the forum. - such as " i am the car dealer. are you in my faction? do you know anyone else in my faction? hovercars cost $xxxx. buy or trade one?"
i could then respond in the forum with "yes or no, no not yet or yes i will message you, yes just as soon as i can spare the money"
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
@Ten. I willing to talk with you. We always seem to be very vocal at game start. Lol it's a long weekend and hopefully you all will be up late aavailable.
I am central time zone. Server 1800 is my 1pm. I am on line usually server 1500 to 0700
WRKD4IT
elysium5 wrote:
I am running the game mechanics through my head and am wondering why Tenn is being so aggressive in trying to get everyone to confide in him. He is being a little misleading with the reasoning if I am interpreting things correctly.

It looks like there are 3 faction, one of which must be the first to emigrate together to win.

It looks like there are also androids and bounty hunters to contend with. I don't see anything that sheds a positive light on the androids so they are likely the 'mafia' this game but the "The bounty hunters are here to save the day... but there have been rumors of bounty hunters killing actual humans, so who knows if the bounty hunters are actually good for their community..."

If Tenn is in fact one of the factions, how does everyone (who are in a faction) giving him info help their own faction emigrate first? Or are we blindly giving info to the androids or the bounty hunters?

We all have the chance to communicate openly right here and right now.

Does anyone have a better way to do this than the one suggestion from the one player who is known to try and manipulate every one every game to just blindly trust that his info collecting will actually be a benifit to MY faction and not his? Or the androids? Or even the supposedly helpful bounty hunters?

There is a lot going on here and Tenn is putting out a lot of assumptions about the game mechanics, not really breaking things down properly and putting everyone on a time limited 'hot seat' hoping we all just blindly trust his idea and how his idea will help just myself and the other two who are in my own faction?

He will have information from everyone who gives it to him and no idea what he is actually going to use it for.

I don't trust that if he is indeed in one of the three factions and not my own that this is going to help me and my own in any way shape or form.

This needs to be discussed more as the rush job smells fishy, or should I say 'rusty tin manny' and/or 'Boba Fetty..."
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Madagascarter wrote:
I don't know if this is common, but I won't be able to send anyone a message because I have no money... Maybe I could be invited to the Opera's so I can talk things over with people?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand