:)
  • 2675 posts
  • Page 154 of 179
elysium5 wrote:
ChipmunkWarrior
Remember to not abase people when you get down there :)
I know what I am doing;) No advice after the deadline!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Lynchcount:
Ryomyr - elysium5,
elysium5 - periwinkle, 2ofclubs, Anaxagore, Ryomyr, boomoo82, Bluegoetz, ThickTalon, ChipmunkWarrior

Vote still needed:
@LandoCalriskian
4. No inactivity. Minimalistic posting is a valid strategy, but in this game all living players must at least submit a lynch vote during each Day phase.
Players in breach of these rules will be subject to penalties ranging from loss of night action to complete removal from the game, at my discretion.

At the end of a relatively tranquil day in the Town, elysium5 walked calmly with the rest of the Town towards the Line that, though entirely invisible, by now was etched indelibly into the minds of everyone. No ropes, chains, or force were required - despite a subdued, feverish kind of nervousness, elysium5 seemed perfectly happy with his sentence, as a little boy psyching himself up to dive off the big board for the first time. Eventually summoning up the courage, elysium5 walked across the frontier...

...and stood, perplexed and bewildered, on the other side! Nervous looks flickered through the townsfolk. elysium5 held his hands up, almost apologetically - he didn't expect that to happen either! He took another experimental step further along the highway - then another, and yet another. And yet he stood, very much alive...

No-one dared go out there to retrieve him - for all they knew, it could be the last thing they ever did! And elysium5 didn't much fancy going back - a much more gruesome death than he had anticipated potentially awaited him if he did so! And so, seizing upon the Town's indecision and fear, elysium5 turned tail and ran off down the silent highway...

Once he had put enough distance between himself and the group, elysium5 slowed to a walk along the relative safety of a long bridging section of the road. His thoughts raced, "What to do? Where to go? How to survive in this Alaskan wilderness?" He knew that it was about 50 miles to the next town along the highway. He could probably make it if he didn't freeze to death in the night. As he pondered his predicament, he became faintly aware of the sound of helicopter blades whipping at the air... and growing steadily louder. There could only be one explanation. Looking around frantically for anywhere to take cover, finding nothing, he ran to the edge of the highway. It was quite the drop down that side. By now the helicopter could be seen flying towards him along the road at great speed. Surely they had seen him, too. elysium5 decided it would be best to endure the interrogations, incarcerations, and potential torture with his legs fully intact...

The confused Town still lingered uncertainly at the highway. Different proposals were being launched to and fro, with many saying that elysium5 needed to be retrieved at all costs. But no-one was willing to take the leap of faith themselves. Someone ran back to town to find an unfortunate specimen to act as the involuntary guinea pig. Presently, the sound of helicopters met their ears. Before they knew it, they cleared the horizon and landed on the highway.

Scores of heavily-armed, camo-dossed soldiers poured out and lined up in front of the group. A huge burly police dog was sent forward, past the
threshold of the Town, and then recalled. Again, it survived the act. More darting glances sparked among the crowd. The army marched in, and their leader stood forth with authority. The whole Town would be placed under lockdown, it was announced. No-one would enter, no-one would leave. They had a list of all occupants of the Town, and anyone leaving would be labelled a fugitive of the state and would eventually be tracked and killed, like their 'friend' elysium5. They claimed their intent was not to intimidate or oppress, but to investigate and to protect. They encouraged everyone to get on with their normal lives, as if that would be possible. At the end of every Day, they would take whoever the Town wanted away for "questioning", whatever that meant. Some speculated it meant execution, torture, experimentation, brainwashing, or recruitment into some secret research team not unlike the one that created all this mess.

elysium5 was either interrogated, tortured and killed, or killed on the spot. He was a Researcher.

Feedback on individual Day actions coming back shortly.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Lynchcount:
Ryomyr - elysium5,
elysium5 - periwinkle, 2ofclubs, Anaxagore, Ryomyr, boomoo82, Bluegoetz, ThickTalon

Vote still needed:
@LandoCalriskian
4. No inactivity. Minimalistic posting is a valid strategy, but in this game all living players must at least submit a lynch vote during each Day phase.
Players in breach of these rules will be subject to penalties ranging from loss of night action to complete removal from the game, at my discretion.

At the end of a relatively tranquil day in the Town, elysium5 walked calmly with the rest of the Town towards the Line that, though entirely invisible, by now was etched indelibly into the minds of everyone. No ropes, chains, or force were required - despite a subdued, feverish kind of nervousness, elysium5 seemed perfectly happy with his sentence, as a little boy psyching himself up to dive off the big board for the first time. Eventually summoning up the courage, elysium5 walked across the frontier...

...and stood, perplexed and bewildered, on the other side! Nervous looks flickered through the townsfolk. elysium5 held his hands up, almost apologetically - he didn't expect that to happen either! He took another experimental step further along the highway - then another, and yet another. And yet he stood, very much alive...

No-one dared go out there to retrieve him - for all they knew, it could be the last thing they ever did! And elysium5 didn't much fancy going back - a much more gruesome death than he had anticipated potentially awaited him if he did so! And so, seizing upon the Town's indecision and fear, elysium5 turned tail and ran off down the silent highway...

Once he had put enough distance between himself and the group, elysium5 slowed to a walk along the relative safety of a long bridging section of the road. His thoughts raced, "What to do? Where to go? How to survive in this Alaskan wilderness?" He knew that it was about 50 miles to the next town along the highway. He could probably make it if he didn't freeze to death in the night. As he pondered his predicament, he became faintly aware of the sound of helicopter blades whipping at the air... and growing steadily louder. There could only be one explanation. Looking around frantically for anywhere to take cover, finding nothing, he ran to the edge of the highway. It was quite the drop down that side. By now the helicopter could be seen flying towards him along the road at great speed. Surely they had seen him, too. elysium5 decided it would be best to endure the interrogations, incarcerations, and potential torture with his legs fully intact...

The confused Town still lingered uncertainly at the highway. Different proposals were being launched to and fro, with many saying that elysium5 needed to be retrieved at all costs. But no-one was willing to take the leap of faith themselves. Someone ran back to town to find an unfortunate specimen to act as the involuntary guinea pig. Presently, the sound of helicopters met their ears. Before they knew it, they cleared the horizon and landed on the highway.

Scores of heavily-armed, camo-dossed soldiers poured out and lined up in front of the group. A huge burly police dog was sent forward, past the
threshold of the Town, and then recalled. Again, it survived the act. More darting glances sparked among the crowd. The army marched in, and their leader stood forth with authority. The whole Town would be placed under lockdown, it was announced. No-one would enter, no-one would leave. They had a list of all occupants of the Town, and anyone leaving would be labelled a fugitive of the state and would eventually be tracked and killed, like their Researcher 'friend' elysium5. They claimed their intent was not to intimidate or oppress, but to investigate and to protect. They encouraged everyone to get on with their normal lives, as if that would be possible. At the end of every Day, they would take whoever the Town wanted away for "questioning", whatever that meant. Some speculated it meant execution, torture, experimentation, brainwashing, or recruitment into some secret research team not unlike the one that created all this mess.

Overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events, the Town returned back to their homes.

elysium5 was either interrogated, tortured and killed, or killed on the spot. He was a Researcher.

ChipmunkWarrior was found dead in his home. He was a Townie.

Feedback on individual Day actions coming back shortly.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
It is now Night 8.
Please submit 2 Night actions:
1. Your planning action for the next Day phase (#VISIT [Occupation], #OPEN for business, or #RESEARCH)
2. #SLEEP, or any Role-specific Night action you wish to perform.
Night 8 will end in 6 hours (countdown).

Players who fail to submit a second action will default to #SLEEP.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Please note the quick phase turnaround - deadline as normal at 10pm server time. If people still need time to submit night actions, I will extend the deadline accordingly.

And thread is closed for the Night phase.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Updated player list in post#1:
Players: (click to show)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
I am hereby extending the Night phase to allow all players a fair opportunity to submit night actions. If you wish to change any of your actions, that's fine too.

Once everyone has submitted an action, I'll close the phase (unless it takes too long).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
@LandoCalriskian was killed during the Night.
LandoCalriskian was a Townie. Occupation: Governor

The Town awoke to the unsettling reality of military occupation, feeling far more threatened than protected. Just like the previous days, the Morgue failed to yield another of its dead to the world of the living. With the announcement of the death of their Governor, it was decided that as well as voting for a candidate to be lynched (taken for "questioning" by the military), the Town would also vote in private for a new Governor (via PM to V98).
No-one was resurrected.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform, including a vote for a new governor via PM to V98 if you wish.
Day 8 will end in 12 hours (countdown).
Day Actions: (click to show)

Open for business today are the following occupations:
Yoga Instructor↔      Yoga Studio
Scientist↔      Museum
Librarian↔      Library
Cinema Manager↔      Cinema
Radio DJ↔      Broadcast Stn.
Mailman↔      Post Office
Life Coach↔      Consultancy
Feedback on Night actions coming back shortly. Thread is now open.
Day Actions:

periwinkle wrote:
Vote for the governor? Does that mean whatever powers the governor had (if he had any) that new person will get?
What the point of wanting to be a governor?

Anybody know what sign was lando?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Remember it's a short phase. I guess I can extend the phase if necessary if people haven't been able to get online to vote. I will notify you in advance if this is the case.

7 players remaining.
Players: (click to show)
Day Actions:

Bluegoetz wrote:
Well….things have escalated.
-military control=Closer to end of game, and I assume easy way for cia to deliver the research?
-how did chip die during the day phase?
-what is happening with/in the dark?
-not sure there are many townies left so

#lynch boomoo82
Bluegoetz wrote:
Also thick this is my fault for not clarifying, but I would have preferred clubs be the only visitor, so we could pm. But again I didn’t specifically say that.
periwinkle wrote:
Bluegoetz
Well….things have escalated.
-military control=Closer to end of game, and I assume easy way for cia to deliver the research?

#lynch boomoo82

Why boomoo ?  And I want to know why ely wanted to lynch Ryo
Bluegoetz wrote:
Have to start somewhere. I had rock and lando in the non town column, and I told you yesterday that mostly everyone still alive is a little suspicious but I was wrong about both of them and Boo has said the least but has been active in voting, so I’d like to see what happens.