Officla thread for the Mafia Narcos Game
  • 652 posts
  • Page 43 of 44
2ofclubs wrote:
Bluegoetz
Well Played, I am happy with rock winning, but i'm salty about mada sharing the win.

5. Avenger - You can choose a player to avenge if they die in the night (not including yourself). If you choose a player that is killed in that night phase, they will die but so will their killer x1

I think using the avenger two weeks after a player died is not a fair use at all

I asked that question before the game started. That's how i saw it being best used.

CONGRATS ROCKBERT
WRKD4IT
Abs wrote:
Rockbert said:
12 Mar 2022, 01:44
The ceiling fan has a click in it that is testing my last nerve like a out of tune chord on a violin. The night is soggy with tension and heat and the decision at hand. I have basically one chance to get this right and stay alive one more day. Three different birds chirping in my ears and all playing me for a fool. Which one then? There's three soldiers left and two leaders. Kill a soldier and that's it, wasted shot. Kill a leader and have a chance with their two votes gone. Question is, who's the leader? Mada says he has avenger, and I'm guessing he's a soldier anyway so he's out. He may kill me anyway, but if he's at all true to his word we might be able to come out of this night alive. So then it is down to Elysium, Virtuosity, Blue and Orzhovboss. One of them is the leader of Medellin, and that's the only cartel with two members left I believe. Blue and Virt are a team, now which one is the leader? If I kill one of them then the good thing is they don't have a team to win with, then it's possible this thing comes down to three cartels having one player each and then me. No scratch that, There's 2 Tijuana left, 1 Sinaloa and 2 Medellin, that means I have to either kill a leader or nobody. If I don't shoot, then there's a vote tomorrow on a lynch and everyone is still alive, unless Mada's avenger is real and he kills a soldier, then it's him who's the target for a lynch and not me. Possibly. If I survive tonight with one more shot I have two votes in the lynch, and then I can make one more shot the following night if I survive. What to do...

My head is pounding, not enough food and too much tequila. If I shoot Medellin, I give the win to Tijuana, and vice versa if I go the other way. Mada gains nothing either way really, and I die if I shoot him. So I am going to #No Shoot tonight.

I take one last shot of tequila and holster my .45 for one night. Pray I get to draw it again...
Tennesseelogman wrote:
2ofclubs wrote:  Posted: 6 minutes ago
I asked that question before the game started. That's how i saw it being best used.
i thought that was asked about the grave digger
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
2ofclubs wrote:  Posted: 6 minutes ago
i thought that was asked about the grave digger
Ah yes it was.
WRKD4IT
Madagascarter wrote:
The way I saw it was that, I got the Avenge ability and all of Sineola understood that we had to predict who died and they would be avenged. Cool, I though and put it on someone alive, I think Lando. But The Abs explained to me the power but I didn’t log on to view this.

The way Abs explained it to me like this

Spoiler (click to show)

This made me believe I could choose anyone who died.

Then there was a phase of play where this happened

Spoiler (click to show)

I actually was very unsure about going through with it as I hadn’t fully thought it through. Later in the day I did think it through and though I’d already received the result. It made more sense for me to wait on using as I predicted what may happen in future lynches to ensure me the best chance of survival.

I pled for the ability back as I would’ve changed my mind with a longer time to think about it. And I got it but had to use it the next phase. It turned out in that phase anyway, Bluegoetz confessed to killing Clubs. The information would’ve came out anyway.

So I crafted a wonderful plan which got me maybe my only Bly chance to actually achieve my win condition. Persuade Rock to ally with Tijuana and to persuade them to lynch Elysium5.. There were so many things that could’ve went wrong there, but whatever Rock said in that chat was perfect. They fell hook, line and sinker for it and Elysium5 was lynched. Then I could finally avenge 2ofClubs in the way the Avenger ability was explained to me.

Well played Rock and V98. Fantastic games. I’ll take it as a win as I achieved my win condition, despite being alone in my clan
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Rockbert wrote:
Thanks for the congrats Clubs and all, and sorry V98 for double crossing you in the end. I hope you enjoyed the write up at least. Loved this game! Thanks Abs!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert wrote:
I hope you all don't mind if I put in a shameless plug here. Here is the link to my website, it's a collection of various writing works and art/photography. It is free and there are no cookies or ads or anything, read if you like, or don't. I always welcome feedback so if you want to comment feel free. Thanks again for the great game!

https://bertrock.com/
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Madagascarter
They fell hook, line and sinker for it and Elysium5 was lynched. Then I could finally avenge 2ofClubs in the way the Avenger ability was explained to me.
The key words being 'explained to me'. In the minds of literally anyone other than you, the avenger ability was done and dusted.
5. Avenger - You can choose a player to avenge if they die in the night (not including yourself). If you choose a player that is killed in that night phase, they will die but so will their killer x1
It says 'if they die', not 'who has died'. <If someone dies, their killer dies too> is nothing like the ability you used. You effectively got a targeted night kill for free in the late game. And no-one else knew about it. If we had known about this possibility, you would have been lynched, or at the very least, Blue and I would have gone for the safer option of lynching Rockbert then lynching you the next day. If your free night kill hadn't been gifted to you, the stalemate would have continued until someone threw the game. And Blue and I would have been the dominant cartel until whoever got bored first decided to end it.

So I have no problems with Rockbert winning, he played well to survive and keep different players stringing along. But Mada, who was silent in the forums, barely sent pms, and got gifted an aimable and timeable nightkill instead of an instantaneous revenge-kill ability, did not deserve the win in the slightest.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Madagascarter wrote:
Virtuosity98
Madagascarter
They fell hook, line and sinker for it and Elysium5 was lynched. Then I could finally avenge 2ofClubs in the way the Avenger ability was explained to me.
The key words being 'explained to me'. In the minds of literally anyone other than you, the avenger ability was done and dusted.
It says 'if they die', not 'who has died'. <If someone dies, their killer dies too> is nothing like the ability you used. You effectively got a targeted night kill for free in the late game. And no-one else knew about it. If we had known about this possibility, you would have been lynched, or at the very least, Blue and I would have gone for the safer option of lynching Rockbert then lynching you the next day. If your free night kill hadn't been gifted to you, the stalemate would have continued until someone threw the game. And Blue and I would have been the dominant cartel until whoever got bored first decided to end it.

So I have no problems with Rockbert winning, he played well to survive and keep different players stringing along. But Mada, who was silent in the forums, barely sent pms, and got gifted an aimable and timeable nightkill instead of an instantaneous revenge-kill ability, did not deserve the win in the slightest.

That is how I saw the ability at first until this post in my chat between Anax & me

Spoiler (click to show)
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Anaxagore wrote:
i'm a bit late to the party
so DEA and Sinaload both met their win clause at the same time?
Spoiler (click to show)

Congrats Rockbert for surviving till the end
Congrats Virt also, i guess you inspected Hood just in between the time we recruited him and tried to steal your snitch power haha. I guess that was a hardplay for you after you discovered this.