Game Thread
  • 551 posts
  • Page 1 of 37
elysium5 wrote:
St. Valentine's Day Massacre Mafia Game

It's 1929 and gangs fight for control of the lucrative liquor market during prohibition. Things have started to spiral out of control and the gangs are all plotting to take out their rivals. Only one gang can survive.

Roles: (I used a random number generator 1-15 to assign roles)

Gang Leader- Can order a Hit each night
Bodyguard- Can Protect any player each night
Dirty Cop- Can see one players Gang Affiliation each night
Hitman- Carries out a Hit at night if ordered by their Gang Leader

Basic Mechanics

Day Phase:
Players can vote to lynch in the forum. Use #No Lynch or #Lynch (players name) to vote and a tie results in a no lynch

Night Phase:
-Hits will be carried out simultaneously meaning more than one player can be gunned down at the same time
-A Bodyguard can protect a player from a Hit even if they are gunned down themselves the same night
-If a Hitman dies, a replacement will be chosen the following night phase so they will not be able to carry out a Hit until the night phase following that
-If a Gang Leader dies, a replacement will be chosen the following night phase so they will not be able to order a Hit until the night phase following that

Communication:
-All players can post in this forum thread both Day and Night *DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS after posting in the main forum
-All players can communicate via PM but you must include me in the PM thread
-All lynch votes must be made in the public forum thread
-All night actions must be made in the Role PM thread initially assigned to each player
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
This is Day/Night 0.

No actions can be made during this phase but feel free to communicate via this forum thread or via PM. Make sure to include me in all PM's

List of Players:

1. @orzhovboss
2. @ChipmunkWarrior
3. @pygmyhippo277
4. @LandoCalriskian
5. @Hoodlum
6. @2ofclubs
7. @Tennesseelogman
8. @Anaxagore
9. @Rockbert
10. @Bluegoetz
11. @Ryomyr
12. @Virtuosity98
13. @jkl3699
14. @Madagascarter
15 @Abs

Day 1 will begin at 0:500 server time and each phase will last 24 hours.

Sorry if this time for phase change is inconvenient to some but it is the only time I will able to update each phase properly.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Rockbert wrote:
Awesome! Thanks Elysium!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Good luck everyone! Very busy this week and 5am deadline is probably a death sentence for me at some point. Looks like a fun setup! Thanks Ely for hosting :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

orzhovboss wrote:
elysium5 said:
15 Feb 2022, 08:29
You are a Good Cop working for the Police.

You can #Investigate a player each night in this thread and determine their Gang Affiliation.

You win if you kill all Dirty Cops.
orzhovboss wrote:
by the way this is me joking around. I got someone else to share their role pm.I am not the dirty cop
Rockbert wrote:
No actions or lynches this phase.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
orzhovboss
elysium5 said:
15 Feb 2022, 08:29
You are a Good Cop working for the Police.

You can #Investigate a player each night in this thread and determine their Gang Affiliation.

You win if you kill all Dirty Cops.

We know this is fake. Wouldn't a good cop killing a dirty cop make them a dirty cop¿
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Rockbert wrote:
orzhovboss
by the way this is me joking around. I got someone else to share their role pm.I am not the dirty cop

Orzhovboss starting the swirl of madness early. haha.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
orzhovboss wrote:
Rockbert
orzhovboss

Orzhovboss starting the swirl of madness early. haha.

Muhahaha
2ofclubs wrote:
I got an obvious not proofed PM from Ely5. It had a "copy paste" error in it. When I "?" him about it he said "LOL rookie error no nee xxxhiddenxxx  no need for a reboot "
PM me if you are following this gibberish.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Abs wrote:
So my assumption is there are 4 gangs each with 3 members (gang leader, hitman, bodyguard) and then The other 3 players are dirty cops? That adds up to 15 right?

So the first thing we need to do is find out who else is in your gang but how!.?

PM me if you have any ideas…