Game Thread
  • 551 posts
  • Page 5 of 37
Bluegoetz wrote:
I'm not a seasoned player, nor do I have any information to share.
but i don't think we have to wait till people start dying before we can figure things out. however it does seem like we have to wait on the investigators to do some talking. and then try to weed through that information/lies.
so i'm gonna lay low and wait for that i think 
2ofclubs wrote:
Rockbert
elysium5
St. Valentine's Day Massacre Mafia Game

It's 1929 and gangs fight for control of the lucrative liquor market during prohibition. Things have started to spiral out of control and the gangs are all plotting to take out their rivals. Only one gang can survive.

Roles: (I used a random number generator 1-15 to assign roles)

Gang Leader- Can order a Hit each night
Bodyguard- Can Protect any player each night
Dirty Cop- Can see one players Gang Affiliation each night
Hitman- Carries out a Hit at night if ordered by their Gang Leader

Basic Mechanics

Day Phase:
Players can vote to lynch in the forum. Use #No Lynch or #Lynch (players name) to vote and a tie results in a no lynch

Night Phase:
-Hits will be carried out simultaneously meaning more than player can be gunned down at the same time
-A Bodyguard can protect a player from a Hit even if they are gunned down themselves the same night
-If a Hitman dies, a replacement will be chosen the following night phase so they will not be able to carry out a Hit until the night phase following that
-If a Gang Leader dies, a replacement will be chosen the following night phase so they will not be able to order a Hit until the night phase following that

Communication:
-All players can post in this forum thread both Day and Night *DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS after posting in the main forum
-All players can communicate via PM but you must include me in the PM thread
-All lynch votes must be made in the public forum thread
-All night actions must be made in the Role PM thread initially assigned to each player

I don't see anything here to indicate there is a secret faction of dirty or clean cops, but then, who knows? It could very well be.

6th line clearly state DIRTY COP 
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i asked ely and he answered

Tennesseelogman said:
does the gang leader send his request for xxxx by name to shoot someone and then if he is right the request is relayed and carried out?

elysium5 said:

The gang leader only needs to say whom to shoot.
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Madagascarter
Question: Can a gang leader order a hitman to kill himself? Does the Hitman have to complete that order?

The Hitman has to follow the order of their gang leader so yes, they could kill themselves if ordered.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 wrote:
Rockbert
Elysium said 05:00 server time was the day/night end right?

Correct.
Anaxagore wrote:
i'm playing
nothing to say though
it's a multi faction fight
i don't think i'm gona live long
elysium5 wrote:
There is a small typo in the opening post.

It said, under Night Phase:
Night Phase:
-Hits will be carried out simultaneously meaning more than player can be gunned down at the same time

It should say:
Night Phase:
-Hits will be carried out simultaneously meaning more than one player can be gunned down at the same time

I edited the post to show the correction.
Anaxagore wrote:

We're 15..
4 factions would lead to some factions being more numerous than other so i doubt it's 4
So I guess it's 3 faction with all these roles + 1 that is doubled
It can't be Gang Leader
I'd say only one cop per faction also.
Either 2 bodyguard or 2 hitman with one who serves as backup for kills
Ryomyr wrote:
Anaxagore

We're 15..
4 factions would lead to some factions being more numerous than other so i doubt it's 4
It can't be Gang Leader

And, based on 2ofClubs earlier post, he is the player that landed 2 roles.  So, he is a major target early on. Not by me. Just saying. I ain't no snitch.
Ryomyr wrote:
I think there could be 4 total gangs. Once gang would have a 3 players and a double role for that player. The double role could include the bodyguard or an extra life if killed in the forum.
2ofclubs wrote:
Ryomyr
Anaxagore

We're 15..
It can't be Gang Leader

And, based on 2ofClubs earlier post, he is the player that landed 2 roles.  So, he is a major target early on. Not by me. Just saying. I ain't no snitch.

To be clear I don't have double role.  please investigate me to before you kill me.
 My take is that there are 3 gangs of 4 and 3 good cops. Gangs eliminate each other and good cops find the bad cops.
WRKD4IT
Ryomyr wrote:
2ofclubs
Ryomyr
Anaxagore

We're 15..
It can't be Gang Leader

To be clear I don't have double role.  please investigate me to before you kill me.
 My take is that there are 3 gangs of 4 and 3 good cops. Gangs eliminate each other and good cops find the bad cops.

Noted.