Game Thread
  • 551 posts
  • Page 2 of 37
orzhovboss wrote:
Thoughts on the Game Setup
As TLM thought, perhaps 3 gangs with 5 members each.
-4 roles (perhaps each gang has 4 members and there is a 3 person neutral faction?)
If no neutral faction:
2 of one role in a gang. Hitman, Gang Leader seem like they can't be duplicated. If Dirty Cop is repeated, 6 inspects per night...seems unbalanced. 2 bodyguards per gang would counteract the 3 night kills (which is further weakened by the fact that lynching a hitman or leader would stop a kill)
orzhovboss wrote:
I assume that dirty cops are gang members - idk - would make thematic sense + it's the only way to find your other gang members.
2ofclubs wrote:
orzhovboss
I assume that dirty cops are gang members - idk - would make thematic sense + it's the only way to find your other gang members.
Thats why no action this phase - everyone is blind. but if dirty cops are associated w/ 1 gang, what if they all find other gang members.... aren't we all still pretty blind.
Dirty cops have a lot of power but are vulnerable.
Food for thought.

WRKD4IT
orzhovboss wrote:
2ofclubs
orzhovboss
Thats why no action this phase - everyone is blind. but if dirty cops are associated w/ 1 gang, what if they all find other gang members.... aren't we all still pretty blind.
Food for thought.

Yeah, I assume this was why Ely was comfortable adding a good number of kills each night. The first couple of nights the gang leaders will be blind and probably won't shoot anyone for fear of killing one of their own.
Rockbert wrote:
Hey all. Excited to get this new one going. I am going to be offline for maybe a few hours, but will be back on in earnest after that.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Tennesseelogman wrote:
the way i understand it (opposite of what i initially thought) - there will be no night killings until the leader of each gang can find the right hitman
Live long and prosper
orzhovboss wrote:
Tennesseelogman
the way i understand it (opposite of what i initially thought) - there will be no night killings until the leader of each gang can find the right hitman
I think you're right - hadn't even realized that. Wow.
2ofclubs wrote:
orzhovboss
2ofclubs
orzhovboss
Food for thought.

Yeah, I assume this was why Ely was comfortable adding a good number of kills each night. The first couple of nights the gang leaders will be blind and probably won't shoot anyone for fear of killing one of their own.

Unless someone reveals in a PM (not likely) and luckily to friend (more unlikely, the cops have control of the identities .  The cop is going to have to pair up gang members (and they can lie about it).
Until the Leader and hit man are linked there wont be a kill.

WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
So how long will cops with hold back? The leaders won't like that. 
Do cops have a kill ability?
WRKD4IT
orzhovboss wrote:
2ofclubs
So how long will cops with hold back? The leaders won't like that. 
Do cops have a kill ability?
Game Info Post
Dirty Cop- Can see one players Gang Affiliation each night
I don't think they can kill anyone.
2ofclubs wrote:
LOL scenario: 3 or 4 cops investigate and all blindly investigate each other 3 nights in a row.
WRKD4IT