Game Thread
  • 551 posts
  • Page 36 of 37
2ofclubs wrote:
Well the scars given out by big AL, make you all Scaface!
Al (Scarce Face) Capones esentially win ;)
WRKD4IT
orzhovboss wrote:
I guess
Mada was the last non-Purple (unless ryo was some sort of mole/other role)
And I did shoot Mada
Tennesseelogman wrote:
well i think that we can assume ely's power went out again as it does often there on the Mutia Escarpment when his neighbor Tarzan cut the wires again. so go ahead tell each other what a good game they played and tell ely thanks for hosting such a interesting and thoughtful game. if this is not correct and somehow the game is not over - we can play it out and i will take the blame and donate 11.000 tokens to the winners.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
hey everybody - you played a good game. and btw ely - thanks for hosting such a interesting and thoughtful game
Live long and prosper
orzhovboss wrote:
Yeah....I hope we didn't screw it up somehow....
but anyways yes well played everyone! jkl and pyg your fed thing was extremely successful at sowing paranoia!
I really like the setup Ely - the lack of 'good guys' and the historical element was really cool, plus not knowing any of the other faction names!
Rockbert wrote:
I totally agree on all points! Loved the complexity of this one and that fed lie was devastating! Well played everyone!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
elysium5 wrote:
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the game is over.

Madagascarter was the last remaining opposing gang member but was gunned down in the night.

You are the North Side Gang's Hitman.

You will Hit one player each night as ordered by your gang leader. You have no control over who you hit, you just follow orders.

You win if your gang wins.

also

elysium5 said:
24 Feb 2022, 11:35
Your Gang Leader is dead.

From the game mechanics:
-If a Gang Leader dies, a replacement will be chosen the following night phase so they will not be able to order a Hit until the night phase following that

We are in the following night phase so I used a random number generator to choose your new Hitman.

Turns out, it is you now.

You are still a Hitman but you are now also the Leader of the North Side Gang.

You will be able to carry out your own #Hit.

You will not be able to #Hit until the next night phase.

Unfortunately, Mada's last attempted action before getting shot failed:
Madagascarter said:
24 Feb 2022, 17:24
I use the action

Call the cops on Ryomyr and Orz

Then I use the action

Flee into another state

Madagascarter said:
25 Feb 2022, 12:43
Hand in job application to Orz to be Purple Hitman

Congratulations, Purple Gang!

With two remaining gang members, you are the last gang standing.

Great game, everyone! There were literally thousands of messages.

Tenn, you really deserve MVP with an assist going to Ryomyr for the poem. That also helped with putting the Purple Gang together at the same time making other gangs draw conclusions that sowed much doubt.. Although you (Tenn) had doubts about the set up, you did somehow manage to put your whole team together on the very first day. Very well done.

I actually was originally going to have a 'good cop' faction involving Elliot Ness, the RCMP and even a Neutral party with the Hiram Walker & Sons distillery but it was just to perfect to pass up the 2 dirty cops per gang and how it balanced out each gang. Their were reportedly 2 dirty cops involved in the original St. Valentine's Day Massacre so 2 per team made a kind of perfect sense to me, plus it helped balance with verifications with nobody knowing who was on their teams to start.

A couple of notes:

This line from the poem: mamma told me put on my best outfit

I believe was actually not a reference to the Al Capone Chicago 'Outfit" as speculated by others but in actuality the Purple Gang was known to be extremely well dressed.

Also a funny note, the paranoia about the secret roles that did not actually exist for this game really took the paranoia to a new level.

Virt said it best in a message:
"Ely DEFINITELY has a trick, I agree with that! 5v5v5 is impossibly simple..."

And THAT was the trick. It was impossibly simple;)

Thanks everyone for playing!
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"