The Game Thread
  • 446 posts
  • Page 20 of 30
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Sorry to disappoint
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
elysium5
The final tally:

Ready4war 1 vote AlexCheckMate
AlexCheckMate 7 votes Virtuosity98, Madagascarter, Mdhaglund, Ready4war. Drax, Tennesseelogman, rheisel

A large group enters The Staggering Antler and slowly approaches Alex at the bar. Alex knew they were coming but couldn't convince everyone not to lynch him. Not one to give up easily, Alex kicks his chair back into one person, throws his drink at another's head and picks up a third and uses him to take the brunt of the blow as he desperately crashes through the glass window facing the outside street, candy-can lane.

The remaining mob runs out the door after him. Alex picks himself up among all the shattered glass and tries to get around the corner to the ally. He is covered in cuts and stumbles a couple of times which allows everyone to catch up and grab him.

They drag Alex to the village white and string him up on the north pole flagstaff.

Alex struggles for a bit and slowly is able to get one hand between the rope and his neck while reaching down and pulling a bid shard of glass from one of his snow boots (thank god he wasn't barefoot) and uses it to saw through the rope. Alex cuts himself free, falls to the ground and quickly scrambles back up and turns and runs into the Christmas Tree forest behind him.

Everyone is in shock and hesitates for a crucial few seconds before they regroup to give chase into the woods but it is now after dark and it is too hard to see. Huffing and puffing, the group stops running as one of them gasps, "That's one tough cowboy..."

Wow. That's one hard character to kill.

AlexCheckMate survives the lynching.

Night 4 has begun and will end at 11:59 PM tonight.
Wow.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Not sure why Anax would write what he just wrote.

But heck this is a Christmas maffia game, so Yippee-ki-yay, let's do this.
Excited to find out more about how things are thought out by Elysium.

@Anaxagore

Willing to provide some more information about your role? Is your team a 3rd team which wins by town/maffia not winning?

Yes @rheisel
Yippee-ki-yay

I had already hidden my role in this forum from the get go, in case I ever wanted to claim.
Last lynch gives a new meaning to Die Hard, right?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Tennesseelogman
#lynch alex

he is lying because i am the the one who killed the mafia spy (i told everybody that Hood was the Elf early on before i killed him) and i also killed the grinch.

Well then TLM... this seems like a good moment for you to mention more about how you got these eliminations done. For instance share your in/output with elysium? :)

You'll likely not respond with anything constructive, but that'll be up to you.
For the time being, I remain under the impression that this game is over and we're just waiting for the referee to blow his whistle...

If there happen to be people who are not converted and do start to believe some from this detective/hero of Die Hard; my inbox is open. For mafia too (we'll need each other at this point). Thank you for your time :)

― Albert Einstein
Ryomyr wrote:
If a conversion succeeded on each night, there would be 4 players in that group by now and a 5th one coming. (I really enjoy that you embedded your role in the forum, btw, Alex.) I haven't been converted. I am not sure that the conversion storyline is a reality.

Given the length of the game, and my intense but failing efforts to actually learn something constructive, I am going to move all my play into the forum. 

As a villager brought to despair by recent events, I curl my tottering reindeer frame near the slowly dying fire. I am Cupid. Insomuch as I haven't brought love and peace to others, I now welcome the death that I sense quickly approaches.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
There is conversion @rheisel

You can't think the entire village just wants to lynch me based on... zilch? Just an angry mob because I don't tell them what they wish to hear?

I've stayed away from out of forum practices for as much as it was possible and just played the game that my character demands of me; the badass hero with a taste for jolly justice.

I've told you guys that TLM lies and who to go after, yet I am met by large obstructions. That simply implies the neutral has gathered too much of a flock to leave any wiggle room for my arguments. This is probably combined by mafia without guidance (Hoodlum gone) and/or they got converted too (at least 1 of them and the other might not realise :))

I can only make a proper assumption on V98; he's someone of whom I know he got brain + experience; so solely from his actions, enough can be deduced. He's not a villager who wins with town (anymore).

― Albert Einstein
Mdhaglund wrote:
I dont think there is mass conversion that is frequently mentioned. Cindy Lou Who/Grinch was one example of an isolated conversion. I believe 1 maybe two more isolated examples exist. But if multiple people have been converted, game over, so I dont want to go off the assumption that multiple people are converted, bc then what is the point of finishing the game.

Alex, last nights event shows how you cannot be trusted. Good guy or not. You are powerful with lots of secrets. Too powerful to be a villager imo. I wouldn’t doubt you are a good-neutral, but what is your win clause? Do you have to be the one to kill all 3 mafia? How did you investigate R4W? Did you get lucky killing two bad guys? Have you not be aiming for bad guys but conveniently killed bad guys so you can build up the good guy persona?

As far as TLM lying, you were clearly vouching for him early in the game when he called out Hood and V98. So which is it, do we trust his word? Is he lying? Or is he pulling things out of his butt to spice things up. I still distrust him either way. If he’s such a liar, why did you clutch to his V98 theory so tight?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
hey - lets leave my butt out of this - it has enough problems on its own.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Tennesseelogman
hey - lets leave my butt out of this - it has enough problems on its own.

You wiggled it in when you decided to dispute my claim for taking down Hoodlum and Anaxagore.
Still waiting for more information pertaining this "whatever you want to call it" of yours.

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
your story is starting to hold water - both hood and anax were shot (not run over which is what the mafia is doing) - you seem to be the neutral but what is your win clause? scary to the rest of us. i will flip flop again = i did not kill those 2 - there are you happy?
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Ryomyr wrote:
If there is currently a player in the game with the power to convert other players, does anyone dispute that this would be @tennesseelogman?
Ryomyr wrote:
If the convert theory is still plausible, would it not behoof the mafia to run over Tennessee tonight? 
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Tennesseelogman
your story is starting to hold water - both hood and anax were shot (not run over which is what the mafia is doing) - you seem to be the neutral but what is your win clause? scary to the rest of us. i will flip flop again = i did not kill those 2 - there are you happy?

My story holds, yes. Why?
Because all of it is true.

I'm not neutral.

You're most likely the neutral. That's what gives you a large following (in people backing you up here, once you converted them). You were loud at the start to decrease the odds of mafia "wasting" their night kill on you. Successful strategy, thus far.

R4W is probably mafia (& converted?) which made him not try and play with me against the neutral.

I'm still offering a truce for the mafia; not because I fear the night (I don't; I'll be alive come morning too), but because I'm aware that the neutral conversion is the real danger for everyone (except for those who joined in). My inbox remains wide open; just be aware of my timezone being quite different and me going to sleep soonish... so you've got yourself a bit of a more tight deadline to work with me, if you please ;)

― Albert Einstein