The Thread
  • 275 posts
  • Page 9 of 19
WMatar wrote:
AlexCheckMate
What makes you so sure I'm a townie?
You know town has the gun? How?
-Alex

I know that a townie has the gun because more than 4 players tried to steal from me, which makes it extremely likely that the mafia don't have it (especially if one of the mafia is a soul mate).

So that gave me more confidence in believing that the player who i think has the gun is a townie.

And this also tells me that one the player who tried to steal from me is a mafia, and i think that you know who that player is. That player
tried to lynch you and very nearly succeeded if i didn't react.
=> That's how i know that you are a townie

Now that the picture is a bit clearer, let's stick together. I would also like to suggest a strategy:

Let's try to get a mafia member, and, if we can, take care of the rest of the mafia and the soul mates (if we detect them) later.
Note: I think i am the only one who has the abiliy to steal from anyone (even against #KEEP), and i wont't use it to take the gun as long as the player
who has it takes the appropriate actions to keep it safe.

Hoodlum wrote:
another reason...other than the two distractions = two no kills, alex felt safe to post so much in this thread. there are 3 mafia making a joint decision, the obvious choice while nothing much to go on is to get that town guy who's gonna figure it out, ask questions that may stump them,..get that guy outta here...
alex seems bright, so surely he is self aware of how his excessive posts might put a target on his back. but then again, he's probably mafia and doesn't need to worry bout that.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hello everyone. It's good to see people getting some votes out early.

Having tracked three people during N1, I was expecting mafia to kill me last night. So I was going to #DEFEND, #EAT, and #TRACK myself - therefore I would see if anyone came to #KNIFE me. Sadly, I fell asleep and woke up after the deadline :o:(:(

Therefore I was very surprised to find that no-one killed or poisoned me in the night :o

Either the mafia was distracted, or simply decided to target someone else (maybe trying to kill the gunman to get the gun?).

So sadly I have no tracking to report. Does anyone else have any information to share?
It would be nice to hear what @Jimi and @Elysium5 decided to do last night.
@Sygmassacre, @Hoodlum, and @AlexCheckMate, what actions did you choose? @Kyla, you only mentioned your distraction, what else did you do?

Communication is key guys. If we all talk then a contradiction of storied might be revealed (e.g. I saw someone visit a player they said they didn't visit).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Jimi wrote:
Hey sygma and kyla, would live to hear your reasoning behind lynching me...

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum
another reason...other than the two distractions = two no kills, alex felt safe to post so much in this thread. there are 3 mafia making a joint decision, the obvious choice while nothing much to go on is to get that town guy who's gonna figure it out, ask questions that may stump them,..get that guy outta here...
alex seems bright, so surely he is self aware of how his excessive posts might put a target on his back. but then again, he's probably mafia and doesn't need to worry bout that.

I do agree with this reasoning. But it's important to weigh up both sides of the argument.

If everyone is defending, it's highly possible that that is the reason no-one is dying in the nights. However, for some inexplicable reason, people aren't sharing what they did in the night phases, so we have no way of knowing whether it's likely that mafia kills are being defended.

Also, surely you remember from previous games that Alex loves to talk... If he is mafia this time, he would be foolish to talk less because that would be suspicious behaviour for him. So I don't think his rate of posting is a particularly useful indicator.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Jimi
Hey sygma and kyla, would live to hear your reasoning behind lynching me...

Hey Jimi, would love to hear what actions you chose last night :)
Day Actions:

Jimi wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

So i guess alex got distracted from kyla not hood, which is the same...
But also might be vecz hood was trying to kill someone.

So yeah it's between hood and alex..

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Jimi
Spoiler (click to show)

OK cool haha
Day Actions:

Jimi wrote:
Did anyone distract hood first night?

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Jimi
Spoiler (click to show)

Hmm that would be VERY sneaky: distract Alex and try to kill - if the kill fails, blame Alex :o
Just throwing it out there :)
Day Actions:

Jimi wrote:
Lynch Alex

Just to make vote balance until things get clearer

Batman