The Thread
  • 275 posts
  • Page 12 of 19
WMatar wrote:
@Hoodlum

I think that giving the super ability to steal to the mafia side would give them too much of an advantage (they already have the advantage number wise).
The town needs the gun for the game to be fair, yeah i agree.
My super ability and you super ability (especially yours) would not be of excess to give the town a fighting chance.

WMatar wrote:
@Jimi

Can you share your secret ability? (it can influence my lynching opinion and maybe i could change the opinion of others )
What have you got to lose at this point?
Hoodlum wrote:
oh yes, you did throw a lifeline to alex, not jimi.
unlynch jimi, lynch alexcheckmate

why are syg and kyla voting for jimi?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Jimi wrote:
WMatar
@Jimi

Can you share your secret ability? (it can influence my lynching opinion and maybe i could change the opinion of others )

I will share it with you on pm not here

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
WMatar wrote:
Jimi
WMatar
@Jimi

I will share it with you on pm not here

Ok, as you wish
AlexCheckMate wrote:
My dad's 60th bday

Seems I've missed a lot. I'll try and see if I can catch up - but no promises
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
well. no one dies again. i distracted alex again.
i got distracted myself too. i did the steal, therefore that was distracted. who did i choose to steal? that is the question. but i think i may have chosen the person with the gun, and if he/she is town as wamatar says (how he/she knows, who knows) then all good, no need to use the steal action again.

I did indeed get distracted - so again no useful info from my night =d
why am I so popular? :roll:
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
WMatar
AlexCheckMate
What makes you so sure I'm a townie?
You know town has the gun? How?
-Alex

I know that a townie has the gun because more than 4 players tried to steal from me, which makes it extremely likely that the mafia don't have it (especially if one of the mafia is a soul mate).

So that gave me more confidence in believing that the player who i think has the gun is a townie.

And this also tells me that one the player who tried to steal from me is a mafia, and i think that you know who that player is. That player
tried to lynch you and very nearly succeeded if i didn't react.
=> That's how i know that you are a townie

Now that the picture is a bit clearer, let's stick together. I would also like to suggest a strategy:

Let's try to get a mafia member, and, if we can, take care of the rest of the mafia and the soul mates (if we detect them) later.
Note: I think i am the only one who has the abiliy to steal from anyone (even against #KEEP), and i wont't use it to take the gun as long as the player
who has it takes the appropriate actions to keep it safe.

It's not in my favour to go against you here - but I can not follow your logic. I was one of the guys who tried to steal from you - that would also classify me as a possible mafia? (I do agree that it is likely that mafia don't have the gun). Why would a mafia try to lynch me? And why would I know who that mafia player is? (I do not rly have a suspect list so far... so I'm afraid I can't acknowledge that idea of yours). Wouldn't it actually be more likely that I was a mafia and that the mafia then redirected the lynch to keep me alive and lynch a townie (huskers)? -> would make you a good mafia candidate => would fit with the theory of you defending me, saying i am townie, as we would then both be mafia? (ofc.... maybe that is too obvious and wouldn't fly in such a small game?)

I like how you present your strategy: "Let's try to lynch a mafia" :roll: - what's new? :p but yes, it's now the 2nd day - we should get organised. The lack of kills might quite likely mean that mafia is stocking up on fake votes/poison and will then try 1 big haul over - similar to the shop owner game with Anax & paulcha

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
another reason...other than the two distractions = two no kills, alex felt safe to post so much in this thread. there are 3 mafia making a joint decision, the obvious choice while nothing much to go on is to get that town guy who's gonna figure it out, ask questions that may stump them,..get that guy outta here...
alex seems bright, so surely he is self aware of how his excessive posts might put a target on his back. but then again, he's probably mafia and doesn't need to worry bout that.

not to blow my own horn, but i believe the two of us have had enough interaction, for you to be able to conclude a few things:

1) cancel seem, replace with is
2) self aware, yes. excessive? no. you just seem to have trouble with reading texts that go over X amount of characters and prefer for people to also post below X amount of times in the thread. I however do not limit myself - when I feel like I have something to say that has at least some use/value, then I do so. yes, I might word stuff a bit fluffy here and there and could be more concise.... but that's still work in progress :p
3) afraid of being a target? never. I'll voice myself and try to defend myself - if it fails, so be it.
4) regardless of faction. with everyone able to perform them night actions, i believe all teams are killers.... so i do not think a mafia has no worries of staying alive... they're probably also 'wasting' some of their actions on #defend/eat (unless they're #YOLO and are fully going hardcore on poison/fake votes - who knows).

also, i believe I'm quite the teamplayer. if i were to be mafia, i would talk with them quite a bit and verify that they're ok with me posting what i post - so i think i would actually post a bit less in that case :p

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
WMatar
I was thinking about each one's secret ability. I think each secret ability is similar to a Vanilla Night Action, but more efficient.

For example, mine (and i can prove it easily) is to STEAL from anyone even if opposed by a keep.
Another example: Huskers01 secret ability was to EAT on his own for free every night.

What do you think are the other secret abilities?

This sounds smart. My secret ability is that I can learn what someone elses secret power is. First night I targetted WM, 2nd night Elysium. For both nights....... no results..... because everyone loves me :roll:

My role, is the role to use to verify other people's claims :) It does however not correspond to either a vanilla or complex night action. On the other hand, you guys can also 'test me' by having me test someone you decide here in the thread and then I do so and then I reveal it and yeah, if we think it's mafia, we can kill the person to fully verify that my claim is truthful on seeing what the ability is the other has - but that might go a bit harsh :p for now, just throwing it out there!

― Albert Einstein
Jimi wrote:
@Anaxagore, I lynched alex to get balances vote until sygma and kyla get rational...

I don't mind being killed at night, but lynched? With no real reason, just because i visited sygma?

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Anaxagore wrote:
Jimi
@Anaxagore, I lynched alex to get balances vote until sygma and kyla get rational...

I don't mind being killed at night, but lynched? With no real reason, just because i visited sygma?

oops sorry

Lynch count:
Jimi: 2 (Syg, Kyla)
Alex: 2 (Hoodlum, Jimi)