• 275 posts
  • Page 18 of 19
Anaxagore wrote:
Hood confirmed his vote on Jimi by pm..

Day 4 result: Jimi was lynched
Jimi’s Role (click to show)

It’s Night 4

The gun game:
Which country’s secret services have the most likely organized the tanker attack in the strait of Hormuz?
Please answer in PM.

@Hoodlum @Sygmassacre, I modified a few rules (in the first post) for that final duel. You should DEFINITELY reread everything one last time.

Night will end as soon as your actions are received.
Good luck

Sygmassacre wrote:
I’m meant to do this via pm but why not make such a case publicly?

The task is to figure out the workings of people who probably can’t even have a beer on a Sunday afternoon. The conspiracy theorists will try to convince you the US orchestrated the tanker attacks to provide an excuse to go to war when in reality it pretty much is what it looks like.

The real question is why should I expect the French to have an accurate take on politics and war when they haven’t been good at either since Napoleon? And he wasn’t even French, but Italian. Sure, they have a pretty progressive leader now but these few years don’t wipe out two centuries of being conquered.

So ask yourselves my fellow survivors. Why is there only one gun on this island? Trust the French to be woefully under-gunned!!

#givemethegun
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Anaxagore wrote:
Sygmassacre
I’m meant to do this via pm but why not make such a case publicly?

The task is to figure out the workings of people who probably can’t even have a beer on a Sunday afternoon. The conspiracy theorists will try to convince you the US orchestrated the tanker attacks to provide an excuse to go to war when in reality it pretty much is what it looks like.

The real question is why should I expect the French to have an accurate take on politics and war when they haven’t been good at either since Napoleon? And he wasn’t even French, but Italian. Sure, they have a pretty progressive leader now but these few years don’t wipe out two centuries of being conquered.

So ask yourselves my fellow survivors. Why is there only one gun on this island? Trust the French to be woefully under-gunned!!

#givemethegun

Napoleon comes from Corsica which was French when he was born so technically he was French, although the dialect there was indeed probably closer to the italian at the time (Italy didn't exist as we know it). I agree France kind of sucks since then, but that would be another topic.
At least we dominated the game before, we're still waiting for NZ to impose its style to the world ;) (in a way you already did being mostly british descendents).

About the gun, it would be so stupid for Iran to commit a terrorist attack at the exact moment they are trying to rennegociate the Vienna agreement that I can't believe one second they did it. They may have weird islamic rules for us, but they are far from being stupid. Moreover the fact that the West didn't wait for any investigation before pointing the finger at the Mollah regime, has become a classic that we shall not fall for again. However, Iran being supported by Russia and China, I don't think Trump will go. Especially after leaving Syria.
So, in my mind, even though we will never know for sure, the correct answers would have been Saudi Arabia, Israel, or the US itself.
Hood said Iran too, so no one gets the gun.

Still waiting for your night action Syg, i already have Hood's one.

Sygmassacre wrote:
Anaxagore

Hood said Iran too, so no one gets the gun.

I rest my case lol
 Σ
Anaxagore wrote:
Night 4 result: No one died
It’s Day 5

Hoodlum's Role (click to show)

Sygmassacre's Role (click to show)

Hood distracted Syg and faked a vote
while Syg faked 2 votes and #defended.. so Hood gets one fake vote while Syg none (he was distracted)

The Oceanic 815 survivors win!

[image]
Anaxagore wrote:
Everyone was actively playing and fought well (except Huskers who was kind of inactive).
WMatar played very well, especially for a first game, he pushed a last second lynch on Alex and tried to build the best strategy for town. He just trusted Virt a bit too much.
Alexcheckmate had no luck being distracted every night, and was betrayed at the last minute. Virt, by not switching his vote, successfully pulled on him an Alex (or a CheckMate, yes that is an expression now ;)).
Virtuosity truely gave his heart and was near winning if Elysium had believed him. His only « mistake » was to forget one deadline where he could have distracted Syg or told Kyla to #EAT knowing Syg was about to poison her. Kyla not being poisonned would have given them more freeway for the next night.
Kyla played very well (she successfully convinced Jimi to heal her) but unfortunately had to suicide when Virt got shot.
Jimi played well too, his mistake was to believe Hood was mafia, but Hood didn't really help his case..
Hoodlum could actually have gotten wood spoon for having badly lynched Jimi (i guess he didn't follow that much the game) but saved his ass getting rid of Sygmassacre.
Syg was near the miracle after successfully getting rid of Jimi but he made a crucial mistake on the last night actions (I was hoping for an ultimate Risk battle :dealwithit: )

MVP goes to Elysium5 for having won the gun and used it very smartly on Virtuosity who had convinced everyone he was town.. everyone except Elysium. Without this action, Town would probably have lost.

Townies big mistake was probably not to role name mass claim as « The Others » didn’t know which name were free to use.

It was a fun game to admin, especially reading that mafia chat trying to cooperate while figuring out which one of them was a mole :)
I hope you enjoyed and please give feedback
Kyla wrote:
Very fun game Anaxagore, I think you modded it well too :)
Sygmassacre wrote:
My crucial mistake was playing another game where the mod isnt there to mod but interfere with the game. In the future when people decide to host a game please let me know in advance if there are any "mod gets to choose what happens" powers so i wont sign up. Im just not good enough to work out a new game structure, roll mafia, have one changed to a different faction, convince town im one of them so the other that has been changed to a new faction gets shot, get the last town needed to get 1v1 - a mafia win, lynched, and spot a change in the rules after just waking up. Im just not that good lol. Yeah in hindsight its easy to see what i should have done but by that stage i had done enough. And to make matters worse you give mvp to someone who posted once in the entire game
 Σ
Anaxagore wrote:
If I hadn't modified the distract action for the last duel, the first who would have distracted the other would have won.. and that wasn't the kind of ending i was hoping for, of course.
WMatar wrote:
Great Game Anax, really realy enjoyed it! Thank you for inviting me :)
Hoodlum wrote:
wow..i really thought Jimi was a baddie. well played syg! i get the frustration, it's been like that for me the last few games. im a bad guy no matter what i say. die early after.putting in the legwork, but still failing at trust issues from all of ya lol and watching it get screwed up..it's come down to, just saying i'm mafia whether i am or not.
undeserved win for this game but it makes up for the last few :D

Thanks anax had fun

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
I was just quiet in the forums, syg. Also, I set myself up to be in a unique position to use the gun to town's advantage. And for the record, winning the gun wasn't just about picking the most beautiful woman in the world but giving your unique reason why you chose her;)

Great game anax and nice to see a new player, WMatar.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."