(aka "Just Your Typical Mafia"
  • 144 posts
  • Page 5 of 10
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I'm not mafia!! Hoodlum knows this, and he's taking me out to hide one of his secrets that he told me - his one mistake. Here it is:

"Hoodlum said:

10:06 PM, 03 December 2014

You are young Luke Skywalker, the force is strong with you. You have surpassed the teachings of Obi-Wan Kenobi who has sent you on a quest to find renowned legendary Jedi master Yoda to further your training. Yoda is not what he seems, he is a little mean green wrecking machine. This is all you know and you must let the force guide you. The dark force can't let this happen and will cloud your path. If you are approached by the dark force during the night phase before Night 3, the dark force strengthens. Find master Yoda and he can hide you and teach you his lightsaber combat art. By Night 3, you will be ready to take on the dark force. Send JamesKer1 a PM (respond to this message please) to SLAY a user, and you will kill them. This is a one time occasion, only to be used on Night 3.

You win if you survive until endgame. You are considered a gift to everyone dead or alive."

So you can see that it is in fact Hoodlum who is deceiving everyone, not me. He wants to hunt the last mafia down to trigger endgame, which triggers his win clause. First though, he is getting me out of the way so that I cannot expose his secrets. Watch out for Hoodlum.

Now, from this you can see that all of Hoodlum's actions are in his own self-interest - he wants me out of the way. From this, you can see that I am not mafia. OXEN was working with Hoodlum, not fully understanding who he was dealing with, so he also voted for me. This all points to the fact that Hoodlum was accusing me in his self-interest, and that I am not mafia.

All of this accusation has caused that I need to reveal my own PM to save the Town (if I don't then Hoodlum, a neutral will win):

"You are Solid Snake (aka Dave), a special operations agent for the secret organisation FOXHOUND. When it was heard that the mafia were planning to steal a trillion dollars, FOXHOUND feared that the money would be used to create a new Metal Gear. You were sent to hunt the mafia to stop them getting the horde for themselves. In a night phase, you can spy on a player by sending JamesKer1 a PM (respond to this message please) saying SPY on a user. If you spy on a player who is part of the mafia, you will be sent a message saying User is a member of the mafia. If you do not spy on a player, you may hide from a player by sending JamesKer1 a PM (respond to this message please) saying HIDE from a user. You will be unaffected by all night actions from that player during that night phase, including kills.

You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated."

Please guys, see this as proof that I'm not mafia and that you must not believe Hoodlum's lies. For the good of the town Lynch Hoodlum before endgame is triggered.

Another reminder: If the last mafia dies, then Hoodlum wins unless he has not been dealt with first! There is enough evidence here to prove this - see sense!

LYNCH HOODLUM
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Now the desperation starts.
Interesting tactic. so you are saying don't lynch a mafia? Let a mafia
live to kill again?
Your theory, "he wants me out of the way". Correct, because you are mafia. You profess that you are townie and I want you outta the way. Incorrect. Why would I bother to get rid of a townie before I got rid of mafia. There is a reason I know you are mafia.
Epic already found out that you visited totkz. It's about time you came up with something though.
Now your playing. You were the first suspect yet you have outlived UP and Madagascarter. Despite OX being cleared, by buddy the elf, you and UP continued to be suspicous of him. Why? Wrong play, you should have blended in and faked working with OX or Totkz at least.

Yes I have lied thats part of the game. What you don't know is, that is not my exact role, that is the one I gave you to give to your mafia buddies. How do you think a mafia died last night instead of a townie?
Because they tried to kill me and got a reflective bullet, where they thought they were going to get strengthened. I tweaked my role to bait myself to kill a mafia. Two down.
I leaked this role to you and madagascarter and a few others I was unsure about. It worked because a mafia died last night due to a reflective bullet. Instead of getting strengthend as they hoped, they are down
to YOU left. This answers UP's dead talk.
UltrasPlot - Dec 4, 11:32 PM
so there were 2 mafias? o_O

I worked with OX and hooboy11 because I knew right away they
were town. They were a pair and I put them together, I knew I could trust them, whereas, you and your mafia buddies still tried to untrust OXEN even after he was revealed to be townie. What's transparent is your fight to stay alive in this game instead of looking for mafia. Instead of proving
yourself your pointing fingers to reflect attention away, even as far as to point out rules such as edits. Seems like mafia tactics weren't bothered to make fake roles for themselves this time around, butnow the desperation comes.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Sygmassacre wrote:
LYNCH HOODLUM
The possible neutral win condition scares me. Im pretty sure im not a rogue hood and that my role was written vaguely to throw up that very possibility in the mind of anyone who I gave it to
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Hoodlum wrote:
I understand your lynch vote SYG because you can't win at this point if mafia dies, because mafia are proven to be human characters. Your objective is that alien domination is quelled. Getting the last mafia wont help you win, so you have to prolong the game a bit longer.

You are Agent Mulder, the FBI's foremost extra-terrestrial expert. Most of the agency thinks you're crazy but your partnership within the X-Files has lead to some huge discoveries. On night 3 you will receive a visit from a UFO and it will bestow upon you a sixth sense, allowing you to mind read any user's role pm. But until then, you can use your FBI bugs to EAVESDROP on a user by sending JamesKer1 a PM (reply to this message please) to find out tidbits of information about them.

Your endgame conditions are met once the alien domination has been quelled and the truth is out there.

OXEN wrote:
Virtuosity98
said:
07:53 AM, 01 December 2014

Yet again I'm not mafia - I'm still waiting for my first turn at being mafia!! But that's lucky because the mafia never seem to win...

Nice try buddy.. Odds where on your side... LOL ...
Hoodlum wrote:
James?

v98 at L-3 (Hood / Oxen / epic)
Hood at L-2 (Syg / V8)

OXEN wrote:
OXEN wrote: Posted: Yesterday, 1:33 AM | Post #58
Lynch Virtuosity98

Hoodlum wrote: Posted: Yesterday, 1:57 AM | Post #59
Lynch Virtuosity98
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum must be killed before endgame, or he wins, it's as simple as that. Even if I was mafia, which I'm not, then Hoodlum would win by lynching me. He even said this himself in the Mafia Announcements PM: Hoodlum said:

Yesterday, 3:17 AM
I'm neutral, but my win clause is just to survive till end game. Game over when the last mafia is gone.

Hoodlum must go first! Trust me on this. This is backed up by Hoodlum's reflect bullet ability - it makes it easier to survive until endgame.

OK, I did lie to you. Like most people (I'm presuming) I had a hidden motive. I had a neutral win clause, but also a Town win clause. Here is my real role PM:

"You are James Bond (aka 007, pronounced "double o seven";), a British Secret Service Agent. Your years at the Agency have been fantastic, but you really need a break, and heard that the Russian mafia were smuggling some money around. You've decided to hunt the mafia so you can get the horde for yourself. You can steal money from mafia members by sending JamesKer1 a PM (respond to this message please) saying STEAL MONEY from a user. You must select the correct one(s) for this to count. The user will be notified that "James Bond has stolen your money". If you are successful in holding the funds for two full cycles (long enough for you to get away), then the game will be automatically endgamed, with you the sole victor. However, you may also win with the Town, and will also meet win conditions if all threats to them are eliminated. If both requirements are met simultaneously, then the whole town will win.

For technicality purposes, you are a town-aligned neutral, but you may wish to not disclose this information with anyone."

This explains absolutely everything. I visited Toktz in Night one to try to steal his money (I thought he might be mafia). Since he wasn't mafia, I got no money. That is why I could conclusively say during Day 1 that Toktz was innocent (see Post #15).

Hoodlum said:

Yesterday, 3:21 AM

"3 mafia

2 neutrals (each had to realize which faction (mafia/town was going to help them WIN)

4 town"

From everyone's extensive research, we know that the 4 Townies are:
OXEN
Toktz-Jad
4960epic
Hooboy11

We know that there are 2 neutrals. One is town-aligned, and the other is mafia-aligned.

Town-aligned Neutral: V98 (can win with the town)
Mafia-aligned Neutral: Hoodlum (wins by killing all mafia - or ending the game any other way)

There are 3 Mafia:

UltrasPlot (dead)
Madagascarter (dead)
Sygmassacre (alive). He is the only player left, and his Role PM seems not to fit the overall flavour of the game (see post #64). I am attempting to steal money from him, but Jamesker1 has not yet told me whether this was successful or not. If it is successful, then Sygmassacre is mafia.
As I said, this explains absolutely everything.

Hoodlum wants me gone, as we are both claiming town-aligned neutral. He knows that my argument makes much more sense than his, so he wants me out of the equation. If the final mafia is killed when Hoodlum is still alive, then Hoodlum wins (he said so himself).

If you don't believe me, then lynch me. My role PM will be released, and you will know that everything that I posted here was true. Then, you will deal with Hoodlum first, and then Lynch Sygmassacre. If I am lynched, town win because it proves my words. If I am not lynched, town win because Hoodlum and Sygmassacre get lynched. Victory for the town is now inevitable. Thank you, town MVP right here! :P

As you can see, I failed with my attempt to be the sole victor, but I can still win with the town. If I was neutral or mafia, I would not be trying to make the town min. This proves my intentions are good.

Please take this clear evidence and know that everything makes sense like this. Re-think your lynch votes.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
lol town and neutral win clause. That's mine. Sygs win clause is neutral and mafia. It's been mentioned freely, and now it's yours?
I couldn't steal this idea from you, as I don't think anyones seen this new role of yours.
You are mafia, and syg is probably on board with this plan because like said, he can't win otherwise, if his role is to be
believed. Just look at Sygs win clause again.

Some of us have Sygs role already and know what it says, that can't be taken back now unless
he has now got a new role to give us. Your latest role PM looks a little overdone now. especially with
the "For technicality purposes, you are town-aligned neutral, but you may wish to not disclose this information with anyone."
That's a bit too explanitory, as if you are trying to convince, and it's a bit borrowed from what
I said about mine in Open chat, and a bit late. The rest of the role is also an attempt to cover up the fact you visited Totkz,
and that's transparent and convenient.
The main flaw in your game is why you continued to suspect OXEN after he was cleared? even UP did. If you can put
this effort in making new roles, why didn't you do it before when we all asked for at least a name. I'm guessing
it's because mafia didn't have enough information on town roles. There are a few options to go from here. the remaining
votes can choose to vote me or v8 on this town/neutral win claim. OR better yet. How bout we just get Totkz to ENLIGHTEN
one of us?. I will be cleared, and you will turn to dust.

How do you feel about this suggestion V8? Here is Buddy the elfs day action.

Send JamesKer1 a PM (reply to this message please) to ENLIGHTEN a user, and if they are mafia, they will succumb to your
cheer and turn to dust. This is a two time use power, and a failure to use this on Mafia will skip the night phase (but Mafia will still get their kill).
Hoodlum wrote:
If you can't be bothered reading our arguments, the matter can be settled if one of us is ENLIGHTENED :)
Hoodlum wrote:
And I put a trillion dollars on your role name being Barack Obama