just an idea
  • 315 posts
  • Page 19 of 21
aeronautic wrote:
I decreased the opacity of the territories light/shadow effect on Europe and I think it distinguishes the Seas better now.
I moved a few connection lines to make them converge to a focal point on the territory, particularly both of the Brazil to South Africa connections.
I added the Authors Credits.
I switched off the Circles so that the map can be viewed / scrutinised.
Demo 1 (click to show)
Demo 2 (click to show)
Demo 3 (click to show)
Demo 4 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, it looks good, the seas are more distinguishable now. Nice job!

As I am the annoying guy asking for label placement retouchings...
I would say "Madascar" label has to be a bit more detached -- so that the last part of the dashed line will be more visible. Just a few pixels, I think it's okay.
And I would say also "Britain" a tiny bit more detached from circle, since it will be capitals in many cases, so I don't want the white circle touching the text.
(same in the lower world)

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Labels moved, more detached as requested.
Demo 1 (click to show)
Demo 2 (click to show)
Demo 3 (click to show)
Demo 4 (click to show)
Demo 5 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep, thanks Aeronautic, everything is okay for me.
PsymonStark wrote:
Ok, what I'm going to say it's possibly excess of pickiness but... isn't the right part of the n in Britain label blurrier than it should be? At least in comparison to Britain 2 it looks blurry, and now I can't unsee it!

I checked and it's like this since this font was first used.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Psymon the Eagle, yes I think you are right.
Japan, Kazakhstan ... they all are okay. It's only Britain having that problem.
With the circles in place was less noticeable though.
aeronautic wrote:
It was Photoshop's text handling. The Labels were set to 10 spacing and compressed to 90% width, which blurs some letters on all of the Labels, however, I had somehow set Britain to 95% which is why it was the only one blurred on the last letter. It is now the only one set to 100% width, because it is now a focal point and any compression will cause some blurring and even if only slight in comparison to the previous Demo, it will now attract the eye to all imperfections.
Demo 1 (click to show)
Demo 2 (click to show)
Demo 3 (click to show)
Demo 4 (click to show)
Demo 5 (click to show)
Demo 6 (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, I'm almost in the mood to set a game up! :P

I just re-propose the cap's to avoid you go searching them back in the thread.
WD_Capitals (click to show)

Ah wait... The current version is Demo 6 as per Aeronautic's post above.
My cap's schemes are not updated, they use the previous "Demo 1" version.
aeronautic wrote:
Not to worry, no connections have changed since Demo 1.

We'll wait and see what Psymon thinks.
PsymonStark wrote:
I think that you can notice the difference between Britain and the rest of the labels in #6, and that the small fault at the n in #5 is less noticeable. I'm sure that no one would notice it... but yep, it's just in the middle of the map.

But for the rest of it, it's more than fine for me. As I have some spare time, I'll be uploading the map in a min.
PsymonStark wrote:
Ok, so we finished inputting the map (thanks Bishop) and I'll just set it as Beta for everyone to test it. Don't forget to post here any possible problem you might find with the map, as well as your feedback!
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Psymon!

And great graphic job Aeronautic!
Axobongo wrote:
bishop, your sick man. seriously, this map is sick!,, lol, i say that in the most complimentary way.. first impression is very impressed.

So far, all i have done with it is look at it in 'game creation' , and i am struck with one observation i see as potential drawback, so i come runnin' here to mention it;
Namely , the map neglects to tell people that territories 1 can attack their twin territories 2 (and visa versa) ...
This may be someones first 'double' map and its crucial they understand that from the get go.
...or perhaps i am wrong and territory twins cannot attack each other?? The thing here is, i don't know for sure,. so i think the map is missing the little note that clarifies this. { Twin Territories Can Attack Each Other}?
Axobongo is online.