just an idea
  • 315 posts
  • Page 2 of 21
aeronautic wrote:
I have to say, I much prefer this concept than the top to top version originally proposed. Nice job!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Vexer wrote:
I like it too. I am assuming with this double map territories won't be able to attack their twin and connection lines will connect the two maps.
Clarke wrote:
That was my thought as well Vexer, only connection lines, no "twin" attacks.
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow, nice idea!

I'm not going to suggest anything specific bcoz I don't want to ruin Clarke's authorship. Let me just say this map looks potentially good for a very large number of territories. 104 would be a welcoming number in my opinion.

Other then that, no twin connections pls.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Clarke wrote:
Hey Bishop... I just drew this quickly and would gladly give my opinions during the process, but as I mentioned when I first posted it, I only did it because I wanted to see it for myself. Anyone who wants to take this concept and run with it may do so. I need no authorship at this point.
Vexer wrote:
Personally I would prefer to have exactly the same territories as the world classic map. I think the map would be way more popular that way because it's familiar but new and interesting. 84 territories is still a lot. The key to gameplay would then be where to add the connections.
Matty wrote:
I agree, we also don't need the world modified, because the two aussies will have a connection to eachother.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Yes I agree, 84 territories would still be a lot and also familiar.

It is a welcome sight to see NZ complete on the map, however, utilising it would change the connections from the current Classic / Modified maps and the number of territories to 86.

This map has many possibilities of connection and would be one for our game-play guys to toy with.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This concept looks good. I have some suggestions for connections between World1 and World2. Clearly these aren't the only possibilities, but I feel they are the most intuitive.

World Double Connection Suggestions (click to show)
Note 1: This was made using my World Reduced template and so
a) it looks shockingly bad, and
b) the territories are not the same.
Note 2: The yellow connections are the ones between World1 and World2.

The problem with this suggestion is that it leaves all of the regions quite hard to defend:
Australia: 3 borders, +2 bonus
S.America: 4 borders, +3 bonus
Africa: 5 borders, +5 bonus
Europe: 4 borders, +5 bonus
USA: 3 borders, +5 bonus
Asia: 6 borders, +8 bonus
(maybe these bonuses are too high... they're just suggestions)
See diagram below for border clarification:

World Double Border Clarification (click to show)
Note 1: The white 'B's indicate borders. The yellowish 'B's indicate borders caused by new World1 to World2 connections.
Note 2: Perhaps Peru and West Australia needn't be borders; the connections could be moved. Like I said, these are just suggestions.

:)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Vexer wrote:
Yeah, I don't think that suggestion is going to work. I appreciate your image though, it makes it much easier to figure things out.

The regions need to be as defensible as possible. Connection lines don't need to be the shortest distance to the next continent. I would connect south africa to brazil instead of madagascar to argentina and connect australia to argentina as well.

I'm not sure it makes any sense to connect the two australias. If the second australia is really that close to the first south america then there is 8000+ish kilometers between the two australias. It also makes it too easy to take both Australias.
Clarke wrote:
Hey I was playing around with this map again and mocked up this.

The red dotted lines are my ideas for connections. The upper and lower are world classic exactly as we currently play.

However, maybe I will take another shot at this in a couple days having just re-read Vexer's last post.

Spoiler (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I like it! There may be problems placing the minimap, however.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
It's easy, we remove NZ and then we get extra space :P

A small (single world) minimap would fit between North America and Oceania. The title can go in the other space between both.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
PsymonStark - Mar 24, 07:47 PM
It's easy, we remove NZ and then we get extra space :P

booooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Are we selling New Zealand for space then? :D

Tunisia apparently moved from N.Africa to Egypt, don't know exactly why.

And... there is a connection line from Greenland to Greenland, it should be from Greenland to N.W.Territory.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein