just an idea
  • 315 posts
  • Page 1 of 21
Vexer wrote:
Well we had once planned to do a mirror world with the same game play as the Caribbean double map but we scrapped it.

So with your idea the two worlds have connection lines instead of portals from each territory to it's twin right? I have seen this done on another site but they didn't think of rotating the world 90 degrees. They just put another copy of the world on the bottom. Your version is actually kind of cool looking and much more aesthetically pleasing than stacking the worlds on top of each other or the mirror world idea.

After rotating the map we would only have to reduce the size by about 20% to be able to fit two maps in 1024 pixels wide. So all the circles and text should still fit.

This wouldn't take too long to do. I could rotate everything for you and then send you the file for you to add to. The only problem is that some of the layers don't convert to gimp right so I would have to flatten some layers but you should still be able to add a title and a border without any problem. But when will i have time to do this? My to do list for the site is about 40 items long and continues to grow every week. But if a lot of people like this idea then I might be willing to move it up the list.

I do think, however that there should be more connection lines between the two worlds.
The_Bishop wrote:
There are several solutions to join two World Maps. I proposed this bcoz it's close to respect the original gameplay (with values and lackings). Alaska1 borders with Kamchatka2 and Alaska2 borders with Kamchatka1. Just 1 connection has been added, between Africa1 and Africa2: the only changed continent, all the others are the same than the original. Probably someone has already played this map in real life.
Btw some other connections can be added, I have some ideas on it, depending on what people like.

Yes, the work wouldn't be so long but I'm not suitable for it and then I only use Gimp. I have just input the idea. If people like it hopefully some map makers would do the job.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
I might start on it in a couple months. I have caps to do for several other maps first. Someone will have to bump this thread after Korea Japan and Ancient Realm have caps to remind me about it.
PsymonStark wrote:
Wandering around I find this... bump, I guess :P
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Vexer wrote:
Ha, It doesn't look like I will ever have time to do it.
PsymonStark wrote:
[vexermode]
It is on the list.
[/vexermode]

I have many things on the list these days... and not that much time anymore!

What about that Russia map? ;)
Vexer wrote:
Hey, I gave the file to you so everyone should bug you about it now.
PsymonStark wrote:
And that's why I answered... but people bugging won't get me more map time.
Cireon wrote:
PsymonStark - Mar 3, 07:51 AM
And that's why I answered... but people bugging won't get me more map time.
And that's how the programmers feel all the time ^^
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
RushinRussian wrote:
PsymonStark
What about that Russia map? ;)

I'm currently using an iPad to do everything, so it is very slow Dx

I've used an app called good notes to sketch the outline of Russia, along with the actual economic lines of Russia. However, that only resulted in 8 regions, this will obviously have to be fixed, but I don't want to waste more time on it without knowing I would be able to continue on another application, but instead on a computer.
Clarke wrote:
Here is a concept of a world double map I came up with. If anyone wants to run with it feel free. I just wanted to see for myself what it looked like so I did a rough mock up.

Spoiler (click to show)