just an idea
  • 315 posts
  • Page 15 of 21
The_Bishop wrote:
Just trying to see if we can find something better, be trustful man! Probably there is some other possibilities that are coming up in my mind.
The current version is slightly amended compared to the version of 2 months ago that tells me that there is still a possible development in progress.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions are welcome! :)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
HammerTime wrote:
Well I see it as very cool concept for a map,an if to be no upper an lower connections only brings more challenge from the map perspective.. an that's a cool concept to..,.I'm sure I will love this map no matter what you gents decide :)
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
The_Bishop wrote:
What about this one?

Connections New Proposal (click to show)

Bonuses given by Vexer's formula (* adding +1 for large regions):
South America: 2.13 == +2
Australia: 2.47 == +2
Africa: 3.60 == +4
Europe: 3.93 == +4
North America: 4.20 == +5 *
Asia: 6.00 == +7 *
HammerTime wrote:
That interesting Bishop.. the connect from Mexico to OZ allows more options to move from upper to lower..but not as easy as what I suggested...I like it.
aeronautic wrote:
I think the connections now are more in keeping with world classic.

This will probably be preferred by regular Deathmatch players.

There are so many possibilities of connections and I think this is very good in my opinion, perhaps we can start on the graphics soon, if there are no concerns about the above gameplay set up?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
There are plenty, and they have been said long before.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Wait Matty, you have to look at my last proposal, it has nothing to do with the previous ones.
huskers01 wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I like the connections with no twin attack.. Interesting gameplay for sure
huskers01 wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I like the connections with no twin attack.. Interesting gameplay for sure
Hoodlum wrote:
while i liked the previous Australasia's connection, because it connects the middle map east & west, it might be confusing because they might seem like the same region. The way it looks on bishops latest proposal, it has familiartity to what's known and doesn't look so messy either. Graphics... Let' get it started!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, in fact my mean idea is to keep familiarity with World Classic: only borders added in my setup are S. Africa and W. Australia for necessary joint, all the others are the same. The latter also makes much more fair the Australian region (in World Classic it has only one border!). I believe "Australasia" is a good geographically correct name for that area, it was proposed also by Aeronautic if I remember right.

Someone at the beginning of this thread didn't like the idea of linking the two Australasia's and I had to keep into account also that complaint. Drastically this gives to New Zealand such a less important role in this map! But I think it is better and more logical this way. That connection was only good to create more paths in capital games but not a necessary improvement for deathmatch. Sorry Hood :)

The_Bishop
Connections New Proposal (click to show)
Bonuses given by Vexer's formula (* adding +1 for large regions):
South America: 2.13 == +2
Australia: 2.47 == +2
Africa: 3.60 == +4
Europe: 3.93 == +4
North America: 4.20 == +5 *
Asia: 6.00 == +7 *
Matty wrote:
At least a lot of the comments and counter proposals apply on this very version.

It's your map, not my map, so you can feel free to ignore me or cbt if you like.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, maybe I was too stiff defending some positions, but it was not intended to ignore anyone.
The map must be the map of everybody, so I just tryed my best to please all opinions, including my own, of course.
Several people asked for better defensibility, and that is. Myself I asked for better layout/aestethic (no labirinthic look) and that is.
Just cool!

Anyway @Matty, you are the guy that suggested the connection between W. Australia and C. America, and I believe it is just what really solved the puzzle!
So I think there is also a part of you in this map.
HammerTime wrote:
Well there is only one true way to see how the connections work ..(wink wink)..are we there yet :)...yes I also think this map will be very popular deathmatch map..also teams imo..
cbt711 wrote:
Virtuosity98
I thought we agreed on the current gameplay about 2 months ago...

Current Gameplay (click to show)

https://dominating12.com/forums/3/map-creation/764/world-double/post/37959#post-37959

This.
Psymon also agrees.
Matty as well.
Aero might have to chime in, and do so now before this goes further, not to impede on Bishop's stance, but that's 4 to 1 right now of the staff who chimed in? Unless I'm missing something