Middle-earth knock off
  • 182 posts
  • Page 1 of 13
Thorpe wrote:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6655/acchor.jpg

Been working on this map for some time now and thought I would finally post it...I was waiting for Matty to get back...I need his eye..lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
The color scheme and overall look and feel is great. The lines are quite jagged though, which is better than being blurry but they should be smoother. The mountains will need a lot of polishing.

You sure are taking on some challenging maps Thorpe. It's like you want the pain.
Thorpe wrote:
Well the other maps are for the newer map makers. And If not me then who? With pntbttr skill he will have to start some challenging maps. I would love to have him do the mountains on this map. Ptbtter do you want to help? Or any other map-maker?  

The Bridges were done for this map before I used them on the Westeros map, so I forgot to redo the jagged lines or maybe I hit sharpen for the whole map.

Anybody up for the mountains and the 150 changes?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
great start thorpe i really love the colors and theme :D needs some work on the lines and texture but i'm looking forward to see how this one is going to turn out
marcoxa wrote:
i'll give a wack at the mountains thorpe. i have yet to do any but who knows, its worth a try :)
Holt wrote:
I would say smooth out some of those lines and fix the mountains and this one shouldn't need more work. I will try to look more into the gameplay when I get time.
Thorpe wrote:
Trust me game play is great! What about the mountains? The word is fix...can not fix what I do not no what is wrong. LOL
Thorpe wrote:
Marcoxa this is done with Paint.Net...problem for you?
Thorpe wrote:
ok . I will send you all of the map as is so you can play with it...and see how I did some of the layers.
Do have fun with it!
I will be working on those darn mountains also.
Thorpe wrote:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6655/acchor.jpg
Just look at the mountains on the left of the map...yes or no?
Am I going the right way?
Matty wrote:
How do you mean, same style as Lord of the rings map - this is (the north-western part of) the LOTR map, but than with most names partly cut off.

A part of me hates you now, when I want the LOTR map, I want it to be perfect, not fake.
The other part of you loves you for doing it anyway.

About the looks: the bottom right region looks alot like the ocean.
Apart from that it also has little contrast with the region above it.
Well, it has contrast, but I dont really like them beside eachother, dont know, it feels weird.

Some names are far away from their circles, which is a bit annoying when searching territories.

How am I supposed to pronounce LGULDUR or RTHERN?

I really like it how the region names are visible in the map itself.

I also really like the placing of the title.

You do have a problem with the Lune circle.

Awesome bridges, but you already know that.
The bridge from dell can use some rotation though.

You have a nice shadow for where the sea touches the land, but where the rivers touch the land it looks pixelated.

Mountains on the left look good I think. Big, yes, but not too big in my opinion.

Are two suns not a bit over the top?

The overall feeling of this map is just too good, where on (middle) earth did you learn that?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria