Middle-earth knock off
  • 182 posts
  • Page 3 of 13
Matty wrote:
Lol, you didnt remove the 'second sun', but just placed the impassable legend over it :P
Well, that solves it too ;)

Yes, pixelated edges, I miss a couple of names on the background of regions. These two territory names are still not very pronouncable, maybe pick some others?
(Actually, I found another one as well: NGAURUHOE, no way I can pronounce that)

I think I liked the old yellow better, this has some blue in it making it look very filthy

You lost the effect that the sun shines behind the title of the map :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
No I did remove the "sun"..check your eye!
What would you use as names?
What pixelated edges? Land ...sea...or what?
Really the main problem is I can not see that well for the pix.
I might have to just give up on doing names and let some younger person do them for me.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Well, one example for a river, take a look at the territory Dell.

Place your mouse at the top-left part of the ";D" in "Dell".
Than go in a streight line north-west, untill you cross the river.

Now if correctly, your mouse is over the western border of the river, the black line that seperates the river from the land.
This line is going from the bottom-left, to the top right.

However, its not going like a straight line, its more going like a stair. Thats the pixelated thingy I mean.

And if you compare that to your mountains, which are everything but pixelated, than it draws the eye to it :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
Thorpe, I know you have worked hard on this map but there are still a few things that I think need changing..

- This has been mentioned before and I will repeat it, your territory and region lines are jagged, they remind me a lot of squiggly lines, which is not a good thing..

- I think some of the mountains still need some improvement. Half of the mountains that are connected to the pink(?), grey(?), blue and red region look like a smudged mess (sorry). The short one in the yellow region has smudged edges and pixelated-like middle. The small one in the pink region is almost unnoticeable since it doesnt have the same shade of brown as the others. I am also not a big fan of the mountains in the green region.
I also think the mountains are a bit big and draw more attention that they should.

- Your rivers are too thin in some parts, there are also some errant pixels in them here and there.

- The yellow region looks a bit ugly and pale...maybe put some more colour on it..

Well..thats all for now...=)
Thorpe wrote:
That is ALL!!!

Did you know that "Fendi" is a perfume?

and right now it stinks!

LOL!

Yes working on the lines already! Between my CPU Freezing up or shutting off! It really makes it hard to work on maps!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3074/middengeard1b.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

If Mountains are not right ...then I need help!
Cireon wrote:
Wow, I like how the colours really come back into the mountain. They don't feel quite right yet, but I also don't know how to improve them. The map looks really nice though :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe, why not jump in all the way? If you're going to use the territory names from Lord of the Rings, why not name the map the same?

It appears the worst they can do is ask to take it down. But since you are not making money off the image, they might not even bother?

Also, map looks great!! Like the mountain colors!!
Matty wrote:
Not sure what to say.

I think you will get copyright problems with this version already, lots of names coincide. I didnt check exact regions and locations, and wont do so till this map is finished.

The map has a very pixelated feel to it. If you follow rivers you will see lots of little blocks, if you look at the fonts its all quite not saturated.

Im not sure if this is the style you are aiming for, but it looks a bit weird. It has its charmes too though.

Especially on the minimap the 5-region looks like its ocean/background.

I think overall mountains look good, they are pixelated, but so is the rest of the map.
The mountains on the north in the red region are a bit weird though. Especially the bottom left part of them, in Angmar.

The border between the sea and land, south of Minhiriath looks very thin, I think that's an error.

But the overall feel is really good!
Leedog wrote:
I may have found a contact to ask for permission to use names from LOTR to use on Thorpe's map.

Though, the only way is to send a fax...

Will keep you posted.
Thorpe wrote:
HELP!!!!

I need someone to finish this map!

It is done with paint.Net

Any takers?
Thorpe wrote:
Mountains...just shoot me