Middle-earth knock off
  • 182 posts
  • Page 11 of 13
Cireon wrote:
Thorpe - Oct 20, 12:12 PM
I really like to thank [someone unimportant] and Cireon for their much needed inputs.
Wooohooo, thanks! I am famous! I did it, mom!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7938/nclh.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)

Went through the map and fixed all kinds of little things.
Now Fendi is there something else I missed? Or how about that eye of yours Matty?

I know bonuses...mini map...text.

I tweeked the mountains...the lines...the texture...mini border outline and the immpassable border outline.

How about the title? , but I do not know if I missed anything, but please let me know.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
lifeinpixels wrote:
In the mini-map, the 7 on Arnor overlaps with 2 region lines which camouflages it. Could you move it so that it pops out agains the red background more? Similarly but not as bad is the bottom of the 3 for golden woods. It's perfectly readable but not as clear as the other numbers at first glance.

This map's looking good, Thorpe!
Thorpe wrote:
Life ...did I say I know about the mini?...lol

Anything else?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
I know just loving giving you a hard time...lol
Cireon wrote:
Is it just me or does the background of the sea look pixelated?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Thorpe wrote:
I did nothing to the sea for a long time...so where do you think it looks pixelated?
Cireon wrote:
The texture in general. Especially the circle in the top left?
Thorpe wrote:
The Dragon and the Star I did change, to go with the title...carved stone with axes and hammers, was the look I wanted.

I could change it ...but I did not want a smooth look for them.
elysium5 wrote:
It does look pixelated but i would not like a smooth look for them. I like the granular feel.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Matty wrote:
Nice thing you did on the rivers. It's a little overdone. It's really good that it's brighter, but it shouldn't be too close to white I think.

I liked the old dragon better, as now it looks broken just left of Forlindon.
I also love the new title, but I'm not sure if it fit's the look of the map.
Especially with a really curved and smooth Papa Thorpe below ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Ok ...that is two comments on it.
Rivers will get darker and will fix the Star and Dragon...is the title font ok?
Matty wrote:
I don't know. I really really really love it, but at the same time it seems to not fit the style of the map.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria