Middle-earth knock off
  • 182 posts
  • Page 8 of 13
lifeinpixels wrote:
Wow!!! Such an improvement! Hardly any glow anymore. And I think taking away the region names helped remove the cluttered look; now the mountains fit in well.

Just a couple things now, the black border on the west coast is too jagged and the thickness is uneven. Also the orange border on the south-eastern region... should it be black too? I think consistency would be better here.
elysium5 wrote:
Way better! The glow is gone and it's murky again. The colour of Lorien and the Shire is perfect because they are supposed to be brighter locations but maybe darken up the Dead Marshes, Moria and Fanghorn just a little?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Cireon wrote:
While the general look has been going forward, I think (parts of) the map look too desaturated now, but that might be me.

Good work in general though! This map is really getting somewhere now! Please invite me for the first game on this map (A)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I still think the texture on the red region need less yellow.
But overall it looks pretty nice.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4294/5ptz.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)
Well I hope Vexer will do his thing with this map to make it look as good as what he did to the Brazilain Map...he is one busy member with the site and RL...
One can hope.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Oooh Thorpe, I love you. That is sooo much better.

Some things to do are the shoreline (it's too grey I think)
That weird mountain in the bottom left of fangorn
The river begin at Esqaroth
The lake at the right side of the map (missing shore for shout rhun)
The territory of Rhun is really small.
Bottom left of moria, that boundary between the river there and the mountain looks weird - as if the territory line (that also crosses there) is drawn too far.
Both the impassables and the minimap have a border, but both have a different border, which is kinda weird.

Also the title is really thin and precise, where everything around it is rough, but maybe that's just me. It's a pretty good title over all.

But I think the map is pretty good now :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Interesting, there are two territories called Rhun...

Also, I only now noticed that all of Gondor and Rohan is missing :(
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Thorpe wrote:
Going though it now...no worries mate. The bottom Rhun is called Udun...I have already changed it. Gondor and Rohan will rise again!...LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Gondor is beyond the White Mountains, south of Rohan and do you see Mordor on this map? What about Dol Amroth, Harad, Umbar, Khand, Nurn, Mount Doom, Minas Tirth, Harondor, and Barad-dur?

Another map can be made to include a lot more of the land, if you like. I just wanted to do two maps when I started as in the map of Westeros.
Cireon wrote:
It is fine, don't worry about it :)
Matty wrote:
As a matter of fact, for copyright issues, this is better :)
Thorpe wrote:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/485/xywb.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)

Now if I could get some-one do the text...photoshop anyone?

Thank-you Matty for your eye!
elysium5 wrote:
I like the feel of this now. Gloomy and the mountains are big, but not distracting at all. Excellent improvements!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."