Middle-earth knock off
  • 182 posts
  • Page 5 of 13
Thorpe wrote:
Hey...good eye.
After a year and half of looking at this map....lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
but...u made it. u must've known what u were doing. (unless someone else editted it on the way.)
20/20 vision (with my contacts.)
0-0
Matty wrote:
Especially the mountain-lines look really thick.
And some borders are still pixelated: around South Mirkwood, below Lorien, Below South lands (=below old forest), North East of Lune valley, west of Moria, east of Forodwaith and north and west of Carrock.
And for some reason the entire coast line looks weird in comparison with the land border lines too.

And o_O, didn't even notice that green mountain, good one Urgul!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
urgul wrote:
it stuck out like a sore thumb.
at least that's what i thought.
urgul wrote:
i agree with matty on everything except the mountain lines. i think they look fine, although that's just my opinion.
i wonder what the people think.
Matty wrote:
Take a look at the mountain north of Michlond (bright yellow region in the west), you can see there (also at other places, but its most clear here) that the lines of the mountains are thicker than the lines seperating the territories.

The mountain's look good, but it's just that the lines are a bit thick :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5430/c8vh.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)

Boy I glad you guys are looking.

I put those sea borders in and I think it gives a middle earth look. Maybe the black needs to go into the land more? The sea edge is rough looking, not a soft comfy beach.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
awww... i like soft comfy beaches... thats what nj is known for!
XD JK
so far i cant make fun of anything that i can see other than that green mountain and the mountain above michlond. i think the gameplay will be very interesting.....
Thorpe wrote:
What about that michlond mountain?
urgul wrote:
yea that mountain looks weird cuz its thicker than the actual border lines
urgul wrote:
the mountain to the left is still thicker than the border lines. the mountain to the right above michlond looks fine.
Matty wrote:
I will try to make a picture to show what I mean, but right now I'm a bit occupied with other stuff, sorry.

For now I can say that I liked the old yellow better, it was such a beautiful colour (apart from being more beautiful, it also had a better contrast with the sea-colour).