• 235 posts
  • Page 15 of 16
Thorpe wrote:
Wow ...I need to get photoshop!$$$$$$$
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
This map is now available to premium members and map beta testers for deathmatch and domination game types. It might help you guys figure out the best capitals positions if you familiarize yourself with the map by playing a few games.

I suggest starting out with a 2p game to help you get used to the rivers. It's easy to mess up and think territories are connected when they aren't.
Fendi wrote:
Ok sorry but I'm going to be a bit picky. I miss the shade around the map because it made it look a bit softer, (like on this version: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4687/eb9f.jpg ) another thing is I think the outline around the mini-map looks a bit thick.
Everything else is an improvement, I like the new font and how you made the text on the dead-zone and the sharper texture.
Vexer wrote:
You'll have to get someone to second that Fendi because I thought it looked horrible.

The outline on the mini map appears thicker because of the sharpening I did. I will see what I can do.
Matty wrote:
The only difference I see is some shadow between the land and the sea.

I prefer without shadow, though I wouldn't mind the other.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
SpamFree suggested these caps...up to 9 PLAYER! Great job! Thx for the help!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6324/p92b.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
i dont like the 2s, still. ones locked in a 4 and ones locked in a 3. i thought for 2 possibly santa catorina/roraina????
Thorpe wrote:
Santa Catorina is to easy to keep...only one way into it so it will be to easy to keep.

What about:

Rio de Janerio...and...Para?
urgul wrote:
move belem to alto lantanal?
the 3s are tricky.
4s-great
5s-rio negro to roraina?
6s-fine
7s-maranhou to liaui? some may disagree on that, though
8s-great
9s-fine

im going to be like that, sry, but thats cuz i really like the looks of the map and i want to have a nice even game in caps.

urgul out
Thorpe wrote:
Ok ...

I did not like the three...cause it but it in the middle and all the rest was on the edge...Mato Grosso was better.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3843/trxj.jpg

Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
Why is the capital for 7 players from Sao Paulo not moved to Belo Horizonte? Seems just as fair to me and also unifies the distances between more capitals.

Other than that, I am not a capital expert. There are several capitals where the distances between them are quite different, something that I thought was a bad thing. I gave a suggestion for the caps for 7 players to fix that, but like I said: I am not an expert so I find it hard to say something that makes sense regarding the whole thing.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
urgul wrote:
yes, i thought the 7p ws unfair also
thorpe u right about the 3
it just wasnt fair before
u can always move mato grosso to alto lantanal???
man i shouldntve taken those 10 days off couldve made a cap map of my own. oh well.

urgul
urgul wrote:
crap crap crap crap f-ing memory.
sorry lol i 4got that thats what i mentioned before!
XDXDXDXDXDXD