• 235 posts
  • Page 1 of 16
Thorpe wrote:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3792/brazilxd.jpg

I put this map on a canvass and it seems that The map has been well used by some General, he folded it up and threw it in his jeep. I get no respect!

Here are the Capitals:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7889/brazilcaps.jpg

Well?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
I am not a great fan of the style. The map itself looks good though, except for the most northwestern river, which seems very straight.

About the style: it is mainly the (background) texture I don't really like. The background looks like a smaller texture that is scaled up and blurred, resulting in a texture that doesn't look sharp at all. I think it would look better if you had a different, sharper texture for the background. The colour is good though. I would probably also leave the edges like you have them now out, and keep the texture running to the edge. I don't think having those curly corners makes the map better.

I do like the title font. The font for the territories is also okay, but because you have dark background colours, they are a bit ahrd to read sometimes.

As always, I don't feel experienced enough about capitals, though I am not sure about the capitals for 7/8 players, mainly because the three in the south are quite close together, with one capital (Oeste Paulista) being a bit in the way for other players. Also, the Boa Vista capital for 8 players seems a bit far away from the rest, I think it would be more fair to move it a bit closer.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I actually agree with everything Cireon sais, except that I would just blame the textures, and say I like the style, really looks like some brazilian general throw it in his jeep ;)

I also like the title, except that the text looks quite sharp, where the arrow below looks a little bit blurry. Also the other extras are a bit blurry.
With the current texture it looks like thats the fault of the title, but I dont know how it'll looks after you fixed the textures.

It also has a problem with the gameplay, as the southernmost region only has one border.

You could move the topmost 8p cap down to Madeira, that might make them a bit better, but im no expert on caps :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Leedog wrote:
I like the map itself.

The darker spots on a few territories draws you eye to them.

I know gameplay must be taken in consideration but the Amazon River seems a little off (doesn't start from Atlantic Ocean and move across country).

The font used for title and your name look really cool!

Also, what do the 2 names on top left represent?
Holt wrote:
I think it looks and feels like a real map Thorpe and that is exactly what I would like in a map. The only problem I may have with it is the gameplay at the southern tip. The region only having one territory to fortify it will make it a Dominant region to hold. Also extremely hard to break. It will be the Australia of this map.
Pntbttr wrote:
LOVE THE MAP!

Holt's right though...maybe make region bonus 1 so that it is less of a problem...
Thorpe wrote:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1986/brazili.jpg
I could not get the background sharp...so I covered it with another overly...still has some of the effects. And I added a connection line.

Caps are the same.

Works?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Holt wrote:
I have heard people talking about this map throughout the day that have not yet posted on this particular map and their problem with it is that they dont like the 3D look to it. It looks too boxed I guess you could say. The 3D texture is not smooth enough. Is there anyway you could smooth out the texture but still keep the 3D looking theme?
Thorpe wrote:
I made a 3D map!!! I am GOOD.
I was not going for that...but wow! Thx. HeHe
Holt wrote:
I think it looks good but I think someone else might be better off getting opinions from lol.. Sorry Thorpe wish I could help more..
Cireon wrote:
I still think it would be better to have a sharper texture. The title looks more in line with the rest now, though and I think the updates are both improvements.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
From the person that has almost no texture on his map...LOL
mmm...not sure about that one but will look at it.
thx