• 235 posts
  • Page 6 of 16
-NoXoN- wrote:
@Bishop: you mean GRAPHIC right? Well problem is not in graphic.

@MAPS: No, Brazil is not written with Z only in english.

Much better now Thorpe.
The_Bishop wrote:
@Noxon - No, I don't mean graphic, I mean the behaviour. Or maybe you also copied your maps since it's a normal thing for you?

@Thorpe - Make the map in English, it's better!

There are already so many spelling mistakes:
Brazil is ok;
Columbia = Colombia;
Boliva = Bolivia;
Maderira = Madeira;
Rio Grane Do Norte = Rio Grande do Norte; (2)
Bello Horizonce = Belo Horizonte; (2)
Rio De Janereiro = Rio de Janeiro; (2)
Mato Grosso Do Sol = Mato Grosso do Sul; (2)
Rio Grande = Rio Grande do Sul;
F r. Guy. = Fr. Guy.

Amazon River mouth is much larger than that. I think you should at least draw the main fork.

Game-play still is undefinable now, because there aren't any bridges on the rivers. But I feel like there are some regions easy to defend and some else very hard. Maybe you need some impassables more.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
I will give you the map... I did copy it from then you can tell me what they did wrong and what I did...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4223/brazilregions.jpg
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
-NoXoN- wrote:
@Bishop

I will remind you what you wrote cause i see that you forget very fast.
 YOU WROTE There is no problem on the copyright if you change the grafic arrangement

THEN YOU SAID: @Noxon - No, I don't mean graphic

If my maps are also copied, then why was DXII accepting my maps and why dont they cancel them? While you have green color on your banner i see you like cartographer, but you are very poor one ;) What you can do is to create new topic on forum and ask to cancel my maps for reasons that you know.

You have facts then show them. Indeed.... It's better than talk me down.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...now that really is not what he is saying

And do not forget how many maps is being made and how many they have under their belt...and how many people play those maps they make....

I know that I can not hit a home-run every-time but I try.

"Maps are like cell-phones...just the graphics are changed."

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Wait, I don't want to cancel your maps Noxon, they are good maps and they are already in the history of the site. I didn't say you copied your maps, it was just a (hilarious) question.

Thorpe, the map which I posted too show 2 great mistakes:
Columbia is wrong, really it's Colombia as MAPS said;
Bello Horizonte is also wrong, it should be written with one only L.
Thorpe wrote:
So again who is right? I will look at other maps again to check...the map I last posted is from a map site...not a game site.
Vexer wrote:
Here's a tip for not messing up spelling. Don't type out the names in your image editor. You should only be copying and pasting into your text layer. Type out the name into google then click on the wikipedia article or whatever similar thing pops up in the results and copy and paste the name from there. That way you will have the correct spelling AND the correct capitalization. This is how I check the spelling on maps after they have been inputted. I copy and paste each territory into google and verify that google doesn't suggest that i meant to spell it differently.
Vexer wrote:
@noxon, we changed the gameplay on great britain and ireland significantly from the CC version. The whole map strategy is different. And the graphics are completely different. The only thing that is the same is the territory boundaries but most of them are based off of real life boundaries. That is why we accepted the map and will not take it down. But you know all this because we have told you before.
Vexer wrote:
and about maps and accuracy. I have been very impressed with the maps on d-maps.com and have used their maps extensively when checking the work of other cartographers. This is the map site that is listed in the guide. I always look there first. Then I check wikipedia if I can't find what I need.

http://d-maps.com/carte.php?lib=brazil_map&num_car=4844&lang=en

as you can see in their similar map Colombia is spelled correctly.

They also have all their maps in SVG format which allows you to resize the map and remove the color without losing any quality giving you an accurate outline which you can export as a png. And it would only take a few minutes instead of hours of tracing.

And if you don't want to take the time to learn how to use the free program Inkscape to take out the color, the text and make the lines thicker I am more than willing to do it for you because it will save me time in the long run because i will already know that the map is accurate.

So if you find any map on d-maps.com that you want to make into a risk map just send me the link and I will send you back a file with just the outline in it's own layer.
Vexer wrote:
also notice that the d-maps.com map shows the proper amount of detail for the mouth of the amazon.

The amazon and Paraná river look accurate enough. Nice job Thorpe.

Now would someone assess the game play? Bishop? Cause I am working on korea and japan right now and cannot divert my full attention to this map. Where do you think the bridges should go?
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Vexer for your suggestions.
The rivers look accurate and all the map is geographically accurate. Nice!

Names need corrections. I proposed to write them in English... I meant to write "Brazil" in English and all the others without accent marks.
That map that Thorpe posted the link of, that I also posted, contains many errors:
"French Guyana" (Fr. Guy.) is wrong, it is "French Guiana" (Fr. Gui.)!

Thorpe, you need a physical examination on your eyes! :)
I can see several imprecisions on the lines. All I have noticed is here:
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2qjvwk6.jpg (Piaui is supposed to touch Tocantins)

My suggestions about bridges and regions are here: http://oi45.tinypic.com/v7ttzp.jpg

I'm proposing to add 1 region. It can be called Guiana Highlands, as you can see in this map:
http://mappery.com/map-of/Brazil-Map-3 (names look right there)
But on the Wikipedia looks more common Guiana Shield.

Bonuses are calculated with my formula, you can use another one, but I don't think the South region should be valued more than 1.
Thorpe wrote:
Nice information!
Thx!
Thorpe wrote:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4498/brazil1p.jpg

For the Italian Stallion! I like how you pointed out what was wrong with the map...HELPED A LOT!