• 235 posts
  • Page 9 of 16
Fendi wrote:
I prefer the non-glowing territory lines, the map looks cleaner this way.

The thing that draws my eyes the most is the texture, there is too much of it, both on the land, background and dead zone. I like the previous version where the texture was lowered.
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2757/brazil1h.jpg
The region colours also look too saturated, but maybe thats because of the land texture being so noticeable. I would also like to see the dead zone texture a bit lowered.
I really like the colour scheme that you have going on, nicely done.

Am I the only one finding the font a bit hard to read? And the writings on the dead zone are way too small. The font may be used for a title, but does not fit for territory labels, but thats only my opinion.
Thorpe wrote:
The font is not the same for title...are you going blind?

And yes the saturation went up when I added the texture...I never know what anybody wants these days...higher texture, lower texture, and then the dead zone to much or too little!

Map making is just so much fun!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I also like the version with the not so dark territory lines better :)

The river is alot better this way, thanks!

I like the colour scheme you have, but the map looks very dark this way. I think changing the dead zone to something lighter would work out best, but im not sure.

I actually like your textures, but if they were a little bit less all present, they still would be great, maybe even better.

About the font, Fendi's right, its not very well readable. I can read them, but it takes some staring for some of them.
I dont think Fendi's ever blind, just sleeping with one eye open. So better watch out, she'll kill you in a minute.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I think the font can work and the style is good but it needs more space in between each letter. This can't be done in Paint.net so someone with photoshop will have to do it for the final version.
Thorpe wrote:
What else?..Should I tone down the texture...Vexer?

Say that six times: "texture...Vexer"
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
sorry, i am still spending my time on korea japan as there are comments coming in about the work i did on it. I'll give you more feedback on this map after korea japan is more complete. I can say right now that you have a line on the far right side of the map. one or more of your layers is off by a pixel. Westeros had the same problem until I fixed it. Just be careful when using the black arrow tool to move things. If you click on the wrong layer you can move that layer a pixel without even noticing it.
Thorpe wrote:
I will look at it after I fix some of the things you did on the Japan map...remember you told me to color all of the map on the color layer and have no blanks spots? Makes it hard to do fixes and mini map with out the territory lines.
Thorpe wrote:
@Fendi...I may have toned it down too much. I did not tone down the ocean.
Changed the ocean text spacing and toned down the title and the ocean text.
@Vexer...Fixed the lines and found some pics that was extra or missing.
Changed the font color on the dead zone.

As for the overall look I was trying for a older burnt edge look as if a rolled up treasure map that was sitting in a rolled up state for awhile...but I might not have gotten it...lol

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9859/brazil1r.jpg
Matty wrote:
Its hard to say something to improve this map, it has a good gameplay, a nice colour scheme, beautiful rivers, even bamboo bridges. Except that it feels not done yet.

One thing is that the deadzone draws alot of attention. And I think you toned down the land too much. You get almost a similar problem as the new eld world map here.

(I like the new title colour alot though).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
I was going to say that I saw no difference. But I see that you changed the dead zone a little bit.
Doesnt make a difference though :S
Thorpe wrote:
OK will do something with it and I did change the land and ocean by 5