• 235 posts
  • Page 7 of 16
marcoxa wrote:
the river could use some depth or atleast an outline. besides that, i cant find anything wrong with this map. nice work
Vexer wrote:
the text is not anti-aliased. Did you accidentally leave that off again?
Thorpe wrote:
yes again! duh

I really would prefer no outline on the river I kind of like it this way, but...
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
you don't have to put an outline on it but it needs to blend in someway with the map better, it looks like a blue strip just siting atop the map
Thorpe wrote:
got ..see what I can do
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
you can use the method pntbttr uses for text outlines to get this to work.

click on your rivers layer and use the magic wand to select the rivers. then make a new layer and fill the selection with the paintbucket. Try black or a darker blue. Then blur a little and put the layer underneath the rivers. The layer setting can be normal but overlay might work too. If it's too much then reduce the opacity.
Thorpe wrote:
thx...will try something alone that
The_Bishop wrote:
Rivers are better, but I think the dark effect around them should be MUCH more.

And... Check the textes pls. Colombia has not been fixed. Roraima has been wronged. Janeiro has been wrongly fixed.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
I missed out a couple of updates, but heres some remarks:

- The first thing I thought when looking at this version was that it looked pixelated. Both cause of the font, and of the texture.
Especially the pink land texture can use updates.

- The ocean fonts are very hard to read, so a little bit less stylish might not hurt.

- Fr. Gui.
First of all I have no idea what this name stands for, so I guess it might help to make the name longer and just put it in the sea a little bit. - this holds for more names.
The second thing is that it has a nice grey glow around it, but it also covers the border of brazil, thats a little bit less nice.

- The bottom most two regions have colours that have a low contrast.

But overall it looks nice!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
i was happier with the old color for the rivers and contrary to the bishop I think the dark effect is enough.

The mini map has a line through the pink region.

The very last two columns of pixels on the right side of the map are not black but they should be.

I'm with matty about the labels on the other countries. I would prefer not using abbreviations and use a smaller font size so they fit. I also think there is too much grey glow around them.

The mini map numbers need anti-aliasing.

I agree with matty that the colors for the two brown regions are too similar.

The problem with texture is that you can see jpeg compression and some blurriness. I am guessing that you got the paper from some other source and then resized it. The source you used was probably an overly compressed jpeg. I can try to find a higher quality version of it if you send me a link to the file you used. Either that or you can try to add some rough sharp texture to it to hide the compression and the blurriness. Tor has this same problem with it's texture layers. The sources you are using aren't high enough quality. You should never take a smaller image and resize it to make it bigger because the end result will show jpeg compression and will be blurry. You should only use source files that are the same size or larger than your map.

Thorpe wrote:
Are you talking about the land or the ocean?
Vexer wrote:
both. could you get me a link to all the files you got from the internet and used for this map?
Thorpe wrote:
it was from paint.net textures...sorry

Can you send me one like the one I used?
Vexer wrote:
ok, then try adding some rough texture to both the land and sea to make the textures sharper.