• 235 posts
  • Page 12 of 16
Holt wrote:
Welcome back Thorpe good to see you again. We seriously thought you were gone for good.
Thorpe wrote:
I am like a bad dream you thought you got rid of.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Lol, I want more bad dreams like that!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9200/r3gf.jpg

Not sure of a lot of things about how you want maps now.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Matty wrote:
Whoa, noone said anything?

Sorry for not saying anything myself, I have been quite busy and there are lots of maps on right now :S

The first thing I think of when I see the first one, is that there is a lightbulb below the thin paper.
Also the texture on the part of south america that is not brazil is really pixelated and looks a bit dirty.
And now I think of it, the texture on brazil itself looks a bit like that too.

Not so positive here, sorry.

The second one is better, fixes almost all of the problems, and looks better too.

But now im going to compare this one (Vexer's):
http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Brazil%20Risk%20Map2.jpg

with this one (Thorpe's):
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9229/dv4s.jpg

And basically say that they are both not good.

You see, Vexer's map has a small problem, that is that the colours are a bit very standard, red, yellow, blue, almost like an icecream.
Apart from that it has a big problem: the brown (who is alot less ugly than the brown on his other map) is almost exactly the same as the brown on the dead zone.
And really, the dead zone has the same sort of colour as the rest of the land. It even has names, for all I know (except minimap) it actually is a part of the map.
I don't really know how to say it, but it's not really a risk map right now.

Thorpe's version has solved all of that, but I have only one problem: I like Vexer's colours better.
I don't really know why, maybe its the texture, maybe the lighting, maybe the choice of colours, maybe something completely weird, but I just think Vexer's version looks better.

Sorry, but it's hard to say something about this map. It's technically so perfect, but just doesn't really feels like a beauty.

Maybe you could try to kill the dead zone a bit on Vexer's version, who knows what that would do.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...I will keep at it..and uh thx.
Thorpe wrote:
Matty wrote:
Hmmz, I don't have anything to say, looks quite done to me.

The minimap rivers are not well visible, maybe that's something.

The bridges look like logs, but then I think that's cool :)
Fendi wrote:
Sorry but now I'm going to be a bit picky...I don't really like the purple colour at the bottom region because 1) it draws too much attention and 2) it doesn't really fit with the overall warm colour-scheme that you have going on (which I like btw)

Everything else looks great.
Thorpe wrote:
Funny...I thought the same thing...but being so old I thought I was wrong.
Matty wrote:
Well I can say the same thing as last time, I think it's ok this way, except the rivers on the minimap are not really visible.
Thorpe wrote:
Hey I did not read that post before...sorry. I will fix the rivers