• 235 posts
  • Page 11 of 16
Vexer wrote:
I said what do you think?

Can't move forward with the map without feedback. You guys know that my free time is on the weekend. I need the feedback now or I won't be able to use my free time this weekend to finish the map.

I know exactly who has read the last post and who hasn't. Everyone who I need to hear from read the post but said nothing. What is your silence supposed to mean? I can think of several interpretations. If I don't hear your opinion then I will end up just doing whatever I want. Is that what you want?

Thorpe wrote:
Is not that what you do anyhow?....HEHEHE!

I guess they like it or is it that they do not care about maps anymore?
mmm......

I get no help on Japan's caps also
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Fendi wrote:
Well the latest update is definitely the best one. But it does feel like something is missing, nothing is really catching the eyes attention.

I played a little with the map (hope that was ok) and came up with this. I dont know if what I came up with is any better since it does take away some of the maps darkness. I gave the land (dead zone not included) a bit more colour and increased the brightness just a tad.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2676/brazilriskmapfendi.jpg

Overall, nice job. This map does not need much work.
Matty wrote:
It simply means im doing other stuff as well, and have no time to comment on a map.

Well, here's some:
I like the new map, but the pooish brown colour is a bit too pooish brown. Also the bottom region might be a little bit lighter, cause there is little contrast between the dark purple and the red.

But overall its quite an improvement.

Not sure if it needs more brightness.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Well, I haven't been a fan of the papery effect from the beginning, but the map has improved a LOT since the first version. However, I am still tempted to see the dead zone as playable territories. I think there should be made some improvements in that maybe.

The two regions on the bottom (orange and red one) are almost indistinguishable on my screen in the main map (it was when looking to the minimap I noticed they were separate regions). To be honest, I do not like the choice of those colours at all (in both versions).

I can't really choose between the colours from Fendi's version and Vexer's version, except for that Vexer's version is really dark, but on Fendi version the two territories I spoke about above look rubbish (no offense).
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
These colours really make me thing of icecream:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3656772429_b545db4faf.jpg

Im not sure how to put it, how to improve them, or what my problem is exactly, but they do remind me of icecream

Not even the picture link I posted, but that was all I could find on google. Though it comes close enough.

This is mainly because of Vexer's colour combination, I didnt have this weird thought with Fendi's suggestion, but they both have the same problem: it doesnt really feel like a map.

Again sorry, I don't know how to improve on this, its just that I don't think it's done.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
This just makes you want o eat the map?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
om nom nom
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
No @Thorpe, I don't like the Pistachio.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
What has happened with this map? I would like to try it Although I think that in fixed - or capped - games there won't be attacks and it can be "boring", it looks great for increasing cards games.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Vexer wrote:
We don't know where Thorpe is. The last thing I said to him was to ask him to adjust the colors yet again to please Matty and Cireon. It's possible that he got frustrated with the site's high standards and took his work somewhere where it is appreciated 'as is' instead of endless nit picking about every detail.

Fendi has the file now but I don't think she has made any improvements yet.
Thorpe wrote:
No that is not why...CPU DIED!

Finnaly back on and had to remember my pasword for my new CPU.

Do not assume