• 235 posts
  • Page 14 of 16
Vexer wrote:
The colors look much better than what I did and the drop shadow is a big improvement.

I'd like to try a few things for the font on the dead zone. What font did you use?

Go ahead and get started on caps. I'll check you input work this weekend and then we can start testing it.
Thorpe wrote:
Trinigan FG.
I have already started with caps...though I had asked urgul to do that...but now he wants to make a map!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
caps are easy, a noob like me could position the caps in a snap.
i just hate it when there are two caps in one region... or when i get the cap in asia.
so, i will PM you for i dont want to bury other important forums under a pile of 'last respnce urgul' thingys.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...that is what everybody thinks! It gets tricky after 4.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4908/0uo5.jpg

Here is what I have for caps up to four players
Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
I am not sure about the capitals for the two players being all the way to the sides. I would probably but them away from the sides, so maybe go for a top-bottom approach for this one.

For three players: the distances are not equal. The middle player currently has the clear (dis)advantage of having two players within 3 steps, while the other two capitals have a distance of 5 steps to each other.

The four player caps have the same problem. You have four caps in a row, each the same distance from each other, but the two final ones are too far apart.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Antonis_xania wrote:
For 3 player i would move the capital from Oeste Paulista to Alto Pantanal, the only problem is that if someone would want to own the entire continent he is trapped but for me its ok.
If the capital stays in Oeste Paulista that player can hold very easy the south
Thorpe wrote:
At least Antonis_xania said where to put them...thx
Cireon wrote:
I am sorry I had no suggestions myself, but I couldn't figure something out it such a short time ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I would move the 4p cap from Amazones to Santarem (in that case it has a path of 4 to both closest caps) or Amapa (it has a path of 5, a bit longer, but its not on a border).

If you go for the last option (I would do that), you can move Belo Horizonte to Rio de Janerio, and it has a 5 spacing to Alto Pantanal.
You can even move Ceara to Rio Grande du Norte, to get a 5 spacing to Belo Horizonte and Alto Pantanel, but then you will have a path of 6 to Amapa again.

P.S. Rio de Janerio is misspelled, it should be Rio de Janeiro.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Antonis_xania wrote:
For 2 player i would move the capital from Pernambuco to Paraiba, this way they are both perfectly equal, they have 3 regions next to them, 2 of them to move and 1 of them to get a card. Of course in a 2-player game its easy to get trapped in the beginning if you only have 2 regions to move.

For 4 player its really difficult. The only equal places for capitals that i can find are Santarem, Rondonia, Campo Grande and Piaui. They all have 2 regions distance for the capital next to them and 3 for the capital opposite to them. The obvious problem is that they are too close.

If the capitals stay as Thorpe or Matty say they remind me Dominican Republic map where 2 capitals are very far away in a 4p game but i never had a problem with that
Thorpe wrote:
Santarem has a bonus of 2...which I feel that it is not a good choice...when all the other are 4.
Vexer wrote:
This might be the final image for this map so please review it carefully.

- New Text Layers redone in photoshop with spelling corrections and a few name changes where more accurate names were found.
- Sharpened the entire image after flattening all the layers - This method seemed to produce the best results.

http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Brazil%20Risk%20Map3.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)