• 235 posts
  • Page 13 of 16
Fendi wrote:
It is an improvement but I am still not quite happy and I'm not sure if I'll ever be.
Thorpe wrote:
I made the mini river better.
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1107/vort.jpg
or
click below on spoiler

Spoiler (click to show)
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Yay
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Leedog wrote:
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there has been a new map out this year?

2. I think this map is ready to be tested.

3. Keeping in mind, maps get re-adjusted in the future. Visual changes are always made after initial completion. Any flaw today can be corrected tomorrow. Plus, do we really know how good a map truly is until it's played on?

4. Is it good policy to allow perfection to be the enemy of the very good?

5. Spending 6 months to a year on a map is too long.

6. Vexer's last little map already has over 600 games played on it and that was just an "example" map in beginning.

7. The map makers that have proven themselves need to have a fast-tracked process.
Thorpe wrote:
In defense I had my CPU die and had not been able to work on it ...last time was around April
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
@leedog, part of the reason why maps have been slow is that we aren't getting enough help. I have no motivation to help people who don't help themselves. Both the Korea and Japan map and the Central America map have sat all year with no capitals positions because no one will step up and get them done. I am not going to do them. I am tired of doing all the hard work so I have spent the last few months doing the things I enjoy like working on my own maps (Europe + Caribbean update).

Why put out more maps if they are just going to sit without capitals? Why create more work when we haven't finished the work we already have?

All that being said, this map is almost ready for testing.

I'm still not happy with the color of the bottom reddish region. You can't see the texture highlights on it as well as you can on the other regions. Probably too much saturation. Also the text on the dead zone does not look as good as the text on the rest of the map. The white glow between the regions and the dead zone does not look good. It appears whitish which i think means that the layer blend mode is on normal. It would probably look better on Overlay.
Thorpe wrote:
Yes and the Korea and Japan wap is really hard for those caps!...As Vexer knows and so do I. I had forgot that caps were not done on it and no-one has stepped up to help on it. Central America was done by PntBttr and he has been gone for awhile...longer than I have. I will try once again on the Japan map and look at the Central America map also. Memebers need to know that map making has to have all the steps done before they make a new map for the site...and Vexer should only have to have the final say on what needs to be done...as in above posting. He is the final word on it...not to do the work on it, (though he is really good at it). Should I say getting placement of caps is way low on his list of what he does for this site?

We had a member start to help but quit doing it. Step up Leedog and take the job...just remember the map you did....lol
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer I brought the lightness down on the text in the dead zone to make it look like it was not in the game play... cause it made it look like regions that I forgot the circles and did not finish that part of the map...I could just do away with them so as not to confuse anyone.  I will see how that would look , but I think it needs some name on it. Or just add it to the map and put regions on them
Thorpe wrote:
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7892/pwcv.jpg

The only thing I can think about in the dead-zone is to change the color of the text and that would make it look not part of the rest of the map...my eye sight is making everything blury...so I would have some one else look at it, and tell me what to do. Sucks to get old.
Cireon wrote:
I agree that you should make the names of the dead zone a little bit darker.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I agree with that :)

Drop shadow looks very good now!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
urgul wrote:
thorpe, the map is looking great, but uruguay underneath looks a little flat. did you make the map brazil and the northern half of uruguay?
on google maps, it shows the shape of it:
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=uruguay&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x9575073afb5fde09:0x4a5596616016524a,Uruguay&gl=us&ei=S54gUtaaDYncsATjqoHgDA&ved=0CKUBELYD
Thorpe wrote:
kind of late to change the shape of things and it is close enough.