aka New Map...No Name
  • 226 posts
  • Page 1 of 16
Thorpe wrote:
what do you think?
Game play.
looks...
what ever...[image][image][/IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I love the idea but you still really need to work on it...

I don't like the texture on the land because it looks like you used the same one as the one on Falkland Island map...every map can't look the same...
I'm not sure what to think about the ocean texture...those lines, can you lower the opacity on the layer there in?

Also what is that triangular shape in the middle of the island on the left? If that's a mountain then I don't know how to make it better...if it's a body of water you should do the same thing to it that you did to the oceans...

these are my ideas on the regions and territories:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/honormap1corrections.jpg/
What are those weird territories with two territory circles?
You could also turn the brown region into two regions by spliting it after the fourth territory (left to right).

You need names for the territories...it's going to be hard to come up with that many names...
You could name them like this:
All territories bordering the Sea of Questions = Who, What, Where, When, Why, How, Now?...ect.
All territories bordering the Bay of Training = Stratagy, Thought, help, the Island of Trainers...ect
All territories bordering the Sea of Newbies = Bob, Joe, Larry...ect
All territories bordering the Ocean of Maps = Africa map, USA map, World map...ect

that might not get all your names but you can do a few that way...
I'm clueless on what you would call the whole map...

Great map! Though it is not done...
Thorpe wrote:
The name is already done and you will see why... so the first part of what you said is what I'm looking for not the names or what can be split...sorry the territory will be the same..no changes to them...they have to be this way.

The names I have for all of the territories names and area names, but how about bonus amounts?...game play on the connections if areas stay the same?
Thx pntbttr...you the stud!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
and what triangular shape in the middle of the island? What color of the island? never mind that is a block will change it thx
Thorpe wrote:
[image][image][/IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]
Ok now what do you think?
Leedog wrote:
Looks great Thorpe!! I see that you named a Sea after me (newbie)(though, thought it was spelled Noobies?) Lol!!

Just checked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie
Thorpe wrote:
noob is single, newbies means more than one
FYI.
lol
BrewDog wrote:
I'm glad Pnbttr was my college professor. I would have failed. Looks good Thorpe!!
Holt wrote:
The only real problem im seeing at the moment with this map is the Red Territory down at the bottom having 2 territory circles and not definitive dividing line. Other than that I like the layout. The compass does add a nice touch.

The purple and yellow territories down in the southeast corner are a little sketchy though. Im not sure if they are supposed to connect at certain points or not.. I may put a tad bit more space in between them just to make sure to not confuse anyone that may play this map for the first time.

Other than those things I can't wait till you finish so I can play some games on it. Make sure to post the bonus's when you figure out how much for each territory..
Vexer wrote:
yeah there are a couple of '4 corner problems'.. look at the south green territory.

also, the compass is jagged. i am assuming it was a small image that was resized. it has to go. besides, can you even use it for free or is it copyrighted?

here's a free compass that isn't jagged:
http://www.clker.com/clipart-map-compass.html
or you can search for another free one that you like better.

more to come but i'll wait to see if you have already fixed it in the next version.
Thorpe wrote:
compass is free
and going to redo the map to make it look better and will fix the corner problems..thank all for input.
The look will change but not layout ...so what else?