aka New Map...No Name
  • 226 posts
  • Page 8 of 16
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7331/honoredplayers.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Enough texture, too much, or too little?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I think too little texture

also, can uzar attack both thebrads and yourego? (top right)
and maybe a little bit whider river between Oscar_BM and dsds?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Yes they can attack...usar both thebradss and yourego Vexer will do the connections so no worry mate.

The river does not need to be wider the text needs to be moved..thank-you for that.

Will bring up the texture a little more.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer wrote:
i just noticed that the forests on the purple region don't show up right. This is because your colors layer is 'overlay'. It would work better if your colors layer was 'normal' your terrain was a grey layer overlayed and your forest were a normal layer on top of the other two layers.

I just don't think it's turning out right. perhaps you should scrap it and just go with a different texture layer.
Leedog wrote:
Looks Good!! Just noticed you have names of players as the name of territories. 3 players have their names in capitals? Thorpe, your name not on map... the highest ranking players not on map? Just wondering?

Plus, shouldn't my name be very close to the "Sea of Noobs?" =)

Thorpe wrote:
First my name is part of the area...look at mini-map.
All area names are the players who have given to this site a lot ...now and in the past...to honer them...not top players list.

As for your name ...I think you are above the time you should be a "Noob"...So quit playing like one! Hehehehehehehehhehe

Thank-you for looking at the map. I don't know when or if this map will get to be played on this site or not.
Cireon wrote:
I really like the textures on the territories now. I would also change the sea a bit to give it some texture and make it a bit less dark, because the sea really stands out now and in my opinion looks very strange next to the continents.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Hi

It looks weird without the forests, very clean. Im not sure if thats good, because Its just not what im used to. I think it looks better though.
Also, after removing the forests for vexer, you also got 'the old texture' back I think - i like the texture from this one really much http://imageshack.us/f/814/honoredplayers.jpg/

Also I think i like your sea the way it is, but who knows what a little texture there will do ;)

@Leedog: I like my name to be at the sea of newbies - I want as much ppl as possible to think that I am one in fact, cause they might just ignore me when im doing well for a change :P

(Oscar_BM is perfect now!)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I prefer without the forest cause i never thought they looked real enough anyway.

I think matty is right. now the texture looks blurry and doesn't match the mountains anymore.

I think the ocean would match the continents better if the colors on the continents were slightly more saturated.

The names that are in capital letters are like that because that is how their name appears on the site. This is a weird font for capital letters though because it makes them huge. Fendi will need to redo those names in a smaller font to match and send that layer to thorpe.
Thorpe wrote:
Matty wrote:
Thorpe you are amazing!

Maybe you could do something about the text "The Realm Of Honoured Players" - the "Of" looks a little weird aligned I think.

But it looks really good this way!!!
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

Nicely done Thorpe. I like this version but I think it will look even better if you lowered the opacity of the texture a bit because it is standing out too much. Also some of the land seem to have a palish look to them while others are high in contrast..or maybe thats just me...
I dont know if this is something you can fix but the blue mountain on Glanrus region looks a bit weird, almost like its been smudged, same with the purple one on 4myGods region. The ocean colour between Noxons and Votazaps region does not fit..looks like waste that is being dumped into the ocean.
The borders on the other hand are looking good.

Take care.
Thorpe wrote:
Well for the waste.."It is just a waste that we do not use their talents better" that is what that waste is!hehe

As for the texture I do not know what to say but I did nothing to the texture...smudged or any thing to it...mmmm I do not know how or if I can fix it...but will try.
thank you meanie Fendie!