A 91 territory map of the world by Fendi
  • 172 posts
  • Page 9 of 12
Hoodlum wrote:
original (click to show)

no mini map (click to show)

click for 100% view

vietnam fix

last image of the mini map one was slightly edited with border fixes..not that it's noticeable when made smaller :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
The rubber stamping of the texture on the territories is too obvious on some regions.

You will need to use about 5 or 6 different places & different sizes to stamp from and randomly stamp them so that there's no repeating pattern.
The region that you are stamping to should be layered and so you can Lock the Transparency, to stop the stamp from going outside the region.
I only just noticed that it is noticeable even on the minimap.
We might have to do the minimap again nearer the end.

You can save an awful lot of time and it will look better if you just let the parchment paper come through as the land texture (as the original)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
yup. it took a while just to get it where it currently is. the patterns can be seen if you are a map maker :), and without the labels and stuff, it is more noticeable. i'll try and break up patterns in my next tackle
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
You can save an awful lot of time and it will look better if you just let the parchment paper come through as the land texture (as the original)

good tip!
Hoodlum wrote:
original (click to show)

post 125 (click to show)

click for 100% view

Texture edit. Tried the minimap without the background. will see how it displays once i finish this post.

for minimap (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
That makes a huge difference Hood.

Here's the minimap for the latest update.
[image]
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Post #127 (click to show)

Click for full view

Thanks. moved madagascar label up.
dough_boy wrote:
I like it!

Only thing that seems a little off is the line between Java and W. Australia. It looks "straight" when every other line (even smaller) has a slight curve to it.
Hoodlum wrote:
thanks dough, i was debating that, so you made up my mind lol.

latest image (click to show)

100% view

latest image with circles (click to show)

100% view
Matty wrote:
Thanks for fixing the texture, it was really bad on russia. Still not perfect though. It looks weirdest on Russia, the south africa region and almost the whole central america region (but that may be the saturatedness, see below).

Also, why is there a white outline on most sea-territory connections but not all? It annoys me most on the southern one to greenland.
Is there also a reason why the spain-carribean territory line is that curve-y?
The summatra-thailand line is hard to see. As is the yemen-ethiopia line.

I also think the paleness of the africa yellow region contrasts weird with the colour of the south africa region
Also the whole map looks a bit pale-y, except for south america, which looks very, how do you say that, dark? Saturated?

I also miss the mountain ranges. I like that detail on the old world extended map. I think it added something.

The minimap looks blurry, but I'm sure you'll fix that later on, not important yet.

Overall it's a lot better already, good work!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
i'll look at fixing some of that stuff matty,
as for the minimap, dunno why it continuously looks a little blurry..hasn't been an issue in my other maps. but it seems fine in 100 % view?

labels re-positioned for better circle placement..more room.

Label adjustment edit (click to show)

100% view
Matty wrote:
Maybe it's the large shadow of the numbers that make it feel blurry. It looks like that on 100% view as well (I only comment on 100% view maps).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
It's the text that is blurry on the minimap.
Are you using a Font size or rasterising it and scaling it down?
Hoodlum wrote:
not doing anything different with the font than i usually do. i tried a different shadow angle, in this edit. at 100% it looks fine to me
-worked on all of matty's mentions.

post #133 (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
It must be the outer dark glow.
On the original, there is a thin dark stroke line, bottom left drop shadow and no outer glow.

If you ask Fendi, I'm guessing that she added a mono world topography to the parchment texture over the land.
You can see the Andes and the Himalayas on the original.