A 91 territory map of the world by Fendi
  • 172 posts
  • Page 11 of 12
Fendi wrote:
I have a few things to say as well but will have to wait till later today.

But wow. Amazing work Hoodlum. You have done a better work than I ever could. Thank you.
Matty wrote:
The only thing that I have left is that the minimap numbers are better now but a little bit overdone. Maybe a tad bit less shadow to make it perfect?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
Not sure where to start here..
The only thoughts and request I have are these
  • I'm not really a fan of the smoothed out background on the mini-map. That area for me draws too much attention. If you could make it look somewhat like this one (Fendi's version) then I think it'll look perfect.
    Also..are there two separate colours for the main background and mini-map background or is the difference due to one being smaller/ smoother?
  • Request: Could the title be in the same position as the the original map? It looks more coherent with the rest of the world maps we have that way. If it's not doable (due to the connection line) then it's ok. :)
You could also remove the territory lines from the mini-map to make it more clear, that way you could afford to go down a size for the region numbers without losing clarity

Amazing work :)
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah it seems to darken when made smaller, and cause blur. in this edit, i just took the background off and let it sit on the natural size background so then it's the same colour, while adding some corner shading in the minimap.
I matched up the number size and the best i could with shadow to the same as fendi's new one. deleted the territory lines.
I think the title fits well in that spot. I went for a new title resembling the original a bit more.

post#154 (click to show)

100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
I forgot that we made the minimap from an earlier map version (before the topography was added).
Fendi's minimap still looks much clearer and high contrast and has the same drop shadow direction as the labels, why not just marquee it and copy & paste the whole thing as a new layer? The bonuses are set in stone, so they won't be changing.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Looking very good now!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
cropped fendi's minimap

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Fendi wrote:
The idea of exchanging the mini-maps is good but the difference in their background is making me lean towards
version; post#154, this one to me is more coherent with the rest.

I don't think it requires anymore work and am more than happy with the execution. Thank you Hoodlum :)
aeronautic wrote:
Yes I agree, the backgrounds are so different, I didn't realise how much this has changed.
This is Hood's latest update to be used:
post#154 (click to show)
100% view
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Hood, I think you've done a really good job of not only refining the map, but making a new map look almost identical to the original. That takes a fair bit of artistic skill.

Are there any other concerns or issues with this update?
Matty wrote:
No concerns, except that I play too little these days to get to enjoy the map :P

Well done Hood! :pirate:
aeronautic wrote:
I have uploaded the optimised map and made new thumbnails.
Circles have been adjusted accordingly.
Excellent job Hoodlum. :thumbs:

Any problems / concerns with the upgraded map, please post them here.
slackbatter wrote:
An insignificant detail I just noticed: The map says E. USA and the card says NE. USA. The card is correct in my opinion.
Blizzard wrote:
I noticed a detail change. Did Ethiopia always connect with Yemen?
POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS!! Keep it positive [/quote]