A 91 territory map of the world by Fendi
  • 172 posts
  • Page 10 of 12
Matty wrote:
Much better this way, thanks.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I'm so sorry... I didn't know that you'd already added topography.

Well it's subtle, but yeah! It makes a big difference.

Just get that contrast right on the bonus numbers and the map will be very close to finished.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
made the numbers bigger. any better?
Previous update for reference (click to show)
100% view

post 138 (click to show)
100% view

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Yes, I think they needed to be slightly bigger... more like the original now and much sharper with pretty good contrast as well.

The only thing that's been bothering me for a while is the connection from Kamchatka to Alaska, it looks like rope with the light glow around it, there's a dark background in that area, so perhaps lighten the connection line to be lighter than the background and use a dark glow (darker than the background)?

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this upgrade, I bet it will be a while before players ask "has this map been altered?"
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
did something with the background to fix the rope look.

kam connection fix (click to show)

100% view

here's an image with the circles related to shortened connection lines

circles (click to show)

100% view

dough_boy wrote:
What if the connection from Kam to Alaska was arced over the top and the Alaska label was moved to the bottom of Alaska? Then you could see the connector on both sides? Maybe coming out of circle on Kam and then going into top of Alaska. Not saying a big arc, but just where you can see it on both sides.
Thorpe wrote:
The Kam rope is still there...tone the glow down more
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
i do like that idea dough. i feel that it would be better for non risk players to understand. regular risk players get it.
Hoodlum wrote:
curved alaska-kam (click to show)

100% view

alaska label was too long to put at the bottom, that it hid a clear connection to BC, but there is room enough on the territory itself
dough_boy wrote:
I like it! It is strange you don't see part of Alaska on the right side of the map, but I know the reason why. I think this will help people.
aeronautic wrote:
That connection looks a lot better Hood, nice one!

For me, this looks done, but let's give it a day or so to see if anyone has any issues or concerns.
Matty wrote:
If you want a nitpick: in atlantic and pacific ocean texts the letters are quite far apart, and they are also in a curve.
The Arctic and indian ocean texts have their letters quite close and not in a curve.

Maybe curve them a little bit?

Also, the minimap numbers. They still look a bit weird to me. Can they be a bit smaller, and can you maybe move the shadows a bit to give them a slight 3D effect? That's what the old map does :S
Not sure if that's what we want, but I kinda don't want it to be the way they are now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
post#150 (click to show)

click for 100% view