A 91 territory map of the world by Fendi
  • 172 posts
  • Page 2 of 12
Vexer wrote:
i know that paddlin wants fewer territories over by Indonesia, but i would actually like to see the Philippines added.
Thorpe wrote:
After looking at the update and seeing it as I would in a game...I love the background look.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
What about the color of the names?
@Paddlin saying Africa has to many territories...I feel (sad to say)he's right, but not about Auzie...I would leave that alone.

But I'm old....not as old as Fendi though!
lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
-NoXoN- wrote:
 I can only say that i like the map, looks good.
 Pntbttr said what i was thinking to say.
Fendi wrote:
Thank you all so much for the input.

You are right Paddlin. Africa seems to be crowded but at the same time I do not want to remove too many territories from it.

@ Pntbttr and Vexer, I have not planned on creating more territories but I will consider it.
If we were forced to increase the amount of territories then the Philippines would be added. Sorry Pntbttr.

The colours and the background can easily be changed, the same applies to the font. I am experimenting with those
until major changes can be made.
Paddlin wrote:
Talking to fendi, it sounds like she wants this to stay a large map. So, combining the territories might not be needed/wanted. I do have some combination suggestions if she wants to reduce.
Fendi wrote:
Paddlin, You are more than welcome to say. I only want this map to be large enough for 8 players.
Glanru wrote:
I would like to point out that China and India have about 1/3 of the world's population, yet they are two territories. Even Cuba and Caribbean have been separated into two territories and they have an extremely small percentage of world population, let alone size. The middle east area of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman is about the same land size as the India territory. Since USA was split into multiple territories, you may consider splitting these territories. (The US has about 1/3 the population of India and less than 1/4 that of China, yet has 6 times the territories including Alaska.)

I am confused, can Yakursk, Kamchatka, Kazakstan, Mongolia, and China all attack one another? I thought the idea of four corners was confusing, this is five. Kazakstan should be spelled Kazakhstan if I'm not mistaken.

YK isn't very confusing, but it does have a slight confusion factor to it that is barely worth mentioning. I'm just being critical. Most abbreviations take the first letter of each word. It shouldn't effect game play, but I believe it would be a .0001% increase to the map to see it YT for Yukon Territory.
Vexer wrote:
I like china and india the way they are.
I like pntbttr's suggestions for connections but I think there should be more. I'll share my ideas later.

Glanru is right about Kazakhstan missing the h. But he missed Yakursk. It should be spelled Yakutsk. It's spelled wrong on the world map. I'll fix it someday if 4myGod ever finds the photoshop file.

Glanru is also right about the borders between Yakursk, Kamchatka, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, and China being confusing. This must be changed. If you look at google maps and zoom in to that area it becomes clear that Kazakhstan does not connect to mongolia. Yakutsk can attack china but i think Kamchatka should not. the border for Kamchatka should be moved to the right enough so that it is obvious that it cannot attack china. Actually i have some more issues with how russia is divided and the names of the territories, so please fendi hold off on fixing this until i have time to elaborate.
Glanru wrote:
I know sometimes I come across as blunt. This is not my intention Fendi. I would like to point out that this looks like it will be a great addition once it's finished. 

Additionally, I've talked a bit about connections with Vexer and I'm sure you'll like his proposal when he posts it.
Fendi wrote:
Thank You Glanru.
I appreciate your input. You made me look at the map from a new perspective and notice problems that I did not know existed. Your feedback was much needed and I thank you for letting us know. =)

And yes, I am also sure that I will like Vexers proposal =)