A 91 territory map of the world by Fendi
  • 172 posts
  • Page 4 of 12
Vexer wrote:
ds, your antartica idea is several weeks too late. we are past that stage of the map making.

we will have antartica in a world map, but it will be after we make a mirror world map. And only because it has been requested so many times and not because it makes any sense.

The region South Africa could be called Southern Africa instead
Glanru wrote:
For the record, I request we don't have an Antarctica. In case there is a tally. It's hard for the world to man small team outposts there, let alone stage armies.
Pntbttr wrote:
I think if we have an antartica that we should make it only 1-3 territories and that there should not be a bonus

I mean how would owning a frozen wasteland profite you???? I mean it so cold nobody really wants to live there.......
Thorpe wrote:
there is gold and oil...big money
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Glanru wrote:
Antarctica is full of natural resources. A bonus would make sense more than no bonus. But, maintaining an army there, let alone more than one army, would be extremely difficult.
Pntbttr wrote:
Well it might have good resources but it's really hard to get down there get it and get back with it all and nobody reall wants to live there. maybe you could limit the amount of troops moved there????
Glanru wrote:
During the Cold War, troops weren't deployed to protect against attack through the North Pole. This is because troop movement through the area is impracticable except by air. Instead, missile defense systems that could take out enemy missiles and aircraft were put in place. (As a side joke, this is also because Canada has the famous Mounties. No one attacks the Mounties!) At the time, Russia and the US were the only super powers in the world and neither of them thought it was cost effective nor worth it to place armies in the Arctic polar region. Even with the fear of global thermal nuclear war and mutual assured destruction (MAD) predictions! Antarctica is even farther away from suitable land that the cost to deploy and maintain armies there is even worse than that of the Arctic polar region. I'm just saying, if super powers don't see a reason to consider troop deployment into a polar region with the threat of annihilation of the human species as we know it, why would smaller countries?
Thorpe wrote:
here are some names for the south
Colombia
Venezuela
Ecuador
Peru
Bolivia
Paraguay
Chile
Argentina
Uruguay
Brazil
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
the three areas :
Rep.of Colombia
Brazilian District..or...Brazilian Highlands
Argentina Ridge
What do you think?
Fendi wrote:
Thank you very much Thorpe for your help. I really appreciate it.

This map will not go live until all the regions are named and all the capitals are made.
So, this map will be playable if we all help out a little. =)

Thank you.
Take care.
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer what about the names?
and you too Fendi?
Yes or no?
Fahrenheit26 wrote:
There is a typo in on of the countries. It is Sumatra, not Samatra like on the map. (Indonesia area)
Fendi wrote:
Hello all.

Here is a list of the region names.
What do you all think? Got something better in mind?

North America:
West Canada
East Canada
United States
Central America

South America:
Western SA
Brazil
Southern Cone

Here are Thorpes suggestions for South America:
Rep.of Colombia
Brazilian District or Brazilian Highlands
Argentina Ridge

Africa:
North Africa
Central Africa
East Africa
Southern Africa

Europe:
Western Europe
Northern Europe
Eastern Europe

Asia:
West Asia
Central Asia
Russia
East Asia

Southeast Asia/Australia:
Indonesia
Australia

@ Fahrenheit26, please check the latest update.

@ Vexer, Thank you!!! =)

Take care.