Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 4 of 21
Matty wrote:
Yes, I meant the territories and regions colour (so not the labels, whatever you mean with them), but I'll wait :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Maybe if we switch the site's font to a font that supports more characters or a better fallback font (I am thinking Noto) we can get control back over how they look cross platform, but that would require some research. I can't think of any character sets that fit thematically from the top of my head (can only offer Greek and Japanese I am afraid)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
I don't know if Noto is universal, you'd know more about that than me, I know Arial & Helvetica are, with Arial being the most common that I come across... It's sort of half way between the current site font and Helvetica.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Not a huge fan of Arial. And at least Arial is not a free font. You get it with windows, but to get it on a, say, Linux machine, you'd have to pay A LOT of money. I guess the same holds for mac.
Which means that it would look different per OS at the least - the font we have now should work across all browsers and all operating systems.

I don't know Nato, but if Tom is willing to try it on the debug site I'll have a look and post printscreens.

:P Change a sites font for a single map. Wow.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I would just make it the fallback font after what we have currently. I have to find out what part of the font contains the zodiac signs though :P
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
I thought the same, this map is obviously important ! ;)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I was just thinking. If you use two symbols, you can get much more combinations, for much less characters.

Now, ΓΛ is ugly, but you can do Λ1, Λ2 and stuff like that.
aeronautic wrote:
In the interest of confusion and or cross-platform computer & mobile phone handling of ascii characters, could we just use numbers in the city, 1 to 60?
Matty wrote:
That would be fine with me too.
Hoodlum wrote:
Check out the inset in this fantasy map New Atlantis. Was a reminder of this map. 100% view
Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I will be getting back to this map soon.
Matty wrote:
Ooooh, awesome!

Didn't want to push it, as I was busy myself as well (and will be for the rest of the month), but YAY!!!
naathim wrote:
Oh my goodness hood, that is a freaking awesome creation! Could look at stuff like that all day!