Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 7 of 21
Matty wrote:
The colours are better spread out now - can't wait to see the rest.
Currently the colour of the city-center looks off, but that's mainly because the territories around it haven't been coloured yet, so leave it for now as it is.

Nice job on the crossroads.

IMO the shadow of the text is a bit over the top, as it attracts very much attention.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
The City Centre is a new image and I tinted it yellow, but it can be any colour tint. I think it will look weird if Black & White and also there was talk of it being a single territory region, so it will probably need a colour just like all the territories & regions.
If you think Black & White won't look weird when the whole map is finally coloured, then I'll be happy to take away the colour tint.
I will put it for viewing as B & W on the next Demo and see what you think.

For reference:
Demo 5 (click to show)
100% view
Demo 6 (click to show)
100% view
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
For now leave the center as it is, until the regions around are coloured as well. Better to view it in perspective next to the other regions - that's the reason why it looks weird now; the other regions haven't updated their colours yet.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ProblemChild96 wrote:
the river between apollo steps and the green area is a bit to thin, great job so far tho it looks really good i cant wait to play it
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
aeronautic wrote:
I thought the same thing about the river and am glad that someone else has pointed it out.
In the interest of scale it would have to be as thin or thinner than it is, but it is simply too small to be seen properly by all players.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
All my work on this map is on my laptop, which got dropped and is currently in for extensive life-saving surgery...
To be resumed soon :(
Hoodlum wrote:
sata external case is a life saver. can turn your laptop harddrive into an external one where you can drag/drop it onto another computer.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Yes I have a 1TB External Drive that I normally use to backup all maps, however, I hadn't backed up Atlantis before the mishap.
No worries though it's my screen and possibly the Graphics that are broken, the hard drive is still fully retrievable (according to my Surgeon).
If it can't be fixed, he will transfer all of my hard drive onto my external and I'll buy a new laptop (probably not as good as that one :( )
dough_boy wrote:
Online storage is your friend...Amazon, Box, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.
aeronautic wrote:
Got my computer back up and running (graphics aren't as fast anymore... weird, but it does the job)

I have been adding some more Territory colours to see what works and what doesn't... let me know?
I added a few more labels, perhaps some might need rewording for size and location?
Added a few special effects, such as mist in the mountains, sandy riverbanks on one of the rivers, enhanced road, deep water in the lake, I also widened the upper river a little (if it needs more let me know, but I worry about the scale being ruined.
I still haven't done anything with the city... that's still to come after we get the general colour scheme and tone settled.

For reference:
Demo 6 (click to show)
100% view
Demo 7 (click to show)
100% view
elysium5 wrote:
I like the mist/fog and the sand!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Cireon wrote:
I think the super regions are clearly distinguishable and the colour scheme looks nice and vibrant. I like it :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
Those Labels were way too big. When I added the rest of the land labels, they took over the map and the noise was deafening!
Made some further enhancements and some graphic additions while editing the Labels... have fun finding them.

For reference:
Demo 7 (click to show)
100% view
Demo 8 (click to show)
100% view