Map Submission
  • 238 posts
  • Page 4 of 16
aeronautic wrote:
Psymon means the title & authors names are still the lower case version of the font or mixed versions. I agree that the other case for the territory labels is the better one, I liked the more Gothic look of the "A".
Elements V.5 for reference (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aaronfever wrote:
PsymonStark - Mar 10, 05:53 PM
:( I preferred all with lowercase, the A is more standard than the a. It was a nice detail Others? Anyway, your name is still inconsistent.

I'll change them, it's not difficult to do. And thanks for noticing the name!

The changes have been made, but the difference is so small, I don't want to go through the hassle of compressing, uploading, and posting.

Anything else?
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
PsymonStark wrote:
There is a weird line between Omashu and Zaofu, on the river.

Would you try a slight texture exclusively for the lands, right now it looks very plain (it looks quite good, but I think that a subtle texture would enhance that look). In some places (especially the big territories) the map looks too plain.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aaronfever wrote:
PsymonStark - Mar 10, 08:32 PM
There is a weird line between Omashu and Zaofu, on the river.

Would you try a slight texture exclusively for the lands, right now it looks very plain (it looks quite good, but I think that a subtle texture would enhance that look). In some places (especially the big territories) the map looks too plain.

elements v.6 (click to show)

Line is fixed (there was also another one in the orange area), type is fixed.
I already had a texture layer, now I made it 20% less transparent.

Aaron
aeronautic wrote:
There are many separated territories that look like they could be connected by the land opposite the waterways. Could you please open up the gaps all around the map where there are definite gaps to make them unmistakeable?
The reason I say this, is players can hate a map and no longer play it because they couldn't read the connections properly and it cost them the loss of the game.

The gaps between territories by waterways/channels have to be at least 2, preferably 3 un-shaded pixels separating them for no confusion.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
I'd still move the air bison/air temple bonus graphic to the upper left hand corner.
aaronfever wrote:
I'll give the temple explanation a shot in the other corner, but I think including it on the bottom as well gives it more connection to the legend.
aeronautic wrote:
I don't know if you are addressing the gap issue I raised, so I will put up a marker example which shows where the gaps need to be opened up so as not to cause connection confusion. You'll notice I only marked the gaps for territories not intended to be connected.

http://postimg.org/image/borc7m6sj/
aaronfever wrote:
aeronautic - Mar 12, 12:59 AM
I don't know if you are addressing the gap issue I raised, so I will put up a marker example which shows where the gaps need to be opened up so as not to cause connection confusion. You'll notice I only marked the gaps for territories not intended to be connected.

http://postimg.org/image/borc7m6sj/

Don't worry, I've already addressed those. I've just yet to post the next version. I widened a few more canals as well.
aaronfever wrote:
elements v.7 (click to show)

Here's a (not really) shiny and (most definitely) new version of the map (oh, boy!)
naathim wrote:
I know it was perhaps unintentional, but I like the texture from the background n the Western Air Temple region. Get some good texture on the land and I think you're all set.

Love the arrows! makes it more thematic lol
aaronfever wrote:
naathim - Mar 14, 12:42 AM
I know it was perhaps unintentional, but I like the texture from the background n the Western Air Temple region. Get some good texture on the land and I think you're all set.

Love the arrows! makes it more thematic lol

Actually, the air temple was on purpose, the lack of texture was the mistake. Here is the correct one. The struggle has been to add texture that doesn't desaturate the brightened colour scheme. I'm not sure how much I like the result, but the texture does add... something.
elements version 8 (click to show)

Just for fun, it's the same people posting every single time, I figure at least one of you might appreciate it. This is the texture map I had overlaid. It's different now, but only because the map has changed.

Spoiler (click to show)

Enjoy.
Matty wrote:
I wanted to comment on v7 that the shadow of (for example) the bottom blue region looks much thicker than (for example) the big green region.

But then in v8 the shadow is removed entirely, not sure if that's on purpose or not.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Intentional or not, I think I would like to see the shadow returned to make the sea less bland.

I would maybe reduce the texture a bit and/or make the entire thing a bit brighter, because I am afraid I have to agree that this removes the brightness from v.7 a bit.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
I think the difference in shadow (Outer Dark Glow) that Matty refers to was caused by the lighter background in that area. This is where separate region layers come in handy so as to compensate in areas where the effect is affected by other factors.