Map Submission
  • 238 posts
  • Page 10 of 16
aeronautic wrote:
@aaronfever & Star0Dweller
I'm so sorry, I missed the spoiler with the new title... or is this an old one? Post #126.
Either way it looks better.

If V98 & Psymon are okay with it, use it and I will arrange map input tomorrow (Sunday), if anyone is around.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Post #126 is an old version. It was reposted to show the region names on the minimap which you had asked for. Here is the latest version of Battle of the Elements for reference:

Spoiler (click to show)

Still for me the title appearance could be changed.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

naathim wrote:
Maybe for title move it over a bit and put the four nation logos (earth, fire, air, water) as endcaps, two on each level?

Or just a black outline I think would make it pop.

The mini map, the southern earth nation looks like it's border was left on when made into mini map? It looks outlined where none of the other's do.
aaronfever wrote:
First Beta Version (click to show)

I didn't receive V98's email, so this is what I'll be sending to Aero.
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
aeronautic wrote:
The other email you remarked on would have been from PsymonStark the other Graphics Cartographer.

V98 is an Assistant Cartographer and would have no part in finalising maps.

To me the title being on the same lines as the previously posted one is still fine. I see that you have resized it and altered the colours and clarity and this has improved it.

We still need to hear from the 2 people that raised concerns for approval: Psymon & V98?
We also need others to at least give opinion on it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
Better in my opinion.

I didn't send any email. I thought they would send it to me via Dropbox link.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
naathim wrote:
I think one of the reasons that the title isn't setting right is because it's color is very similar to that of the United Republic region, which is in fairly close proximity to it. Maybe a color that isn't used on the map itself would look better?

Honestly I think it might just look better in black? Would match the font colors on the rest of the map, would be neutral to region colors, and the font chosen (for the 'Elements' part anyhow) is supposed to look like ink yes? But would black be too much dark for a such a bright, glowy map?

Just a thought. If everybody else is happy with how it is, then so am I.

Congrats aaronfever and starodweller!!
PsymonStark wrote:
One tiny remark. I think Meeting Point label and circle could be difficult to associate. Could you try to put the label where the circle is and then the circle above it, to see if it looks better? I think I forgot to add it to the list the other day.

If I get the source file I'll do it myself.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I must say that I quite like the title now. :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
The Source File was sent to me with the changes requested by Psymon and the title was white.

I made a few other alterations, nothing much, just some tweaks.

I made the mini map an actual miniature of the main map, moved a couple of bonuses to be a bit more central on their regions.
I moved/rotated one or two connection lines to make them more intuitive.
I rubber stamped a black mark on the background texture that looked like a malformed outline (between The Great Divide & Taku, it looks like a blob on the connection line).
I gave the Title a little blue tint, which takes away the glare of the white.

Please all state if you have any more concerns before I release it to Beta?
Battle of the Elements pre-Beta (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Looks beautiful to me.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Can't wait to try it :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Clarke wrote:
I am too lazy to read 10 pages of posts. So forgive me if this is already answered. What is the latest update regarding the rights to use this map on D12?
aeronautic wrote:
We are going with it, still no reply, but if they object we can remove it, but we have the fact that their response was veeeery slow, in our favour.