Map Submission
  • 238 posts
  • Page 12 of 16
Cireon wrote:
Check the first spoiler in this post
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
I can't do anything about the image until tonight at home, I don't have it with me in work.
That's what I get for working on it at 3am :D
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aaronfever wrote:
Aero, can you centre the continents a little more on the map? Would that be too much work?

The original map had the continents moved over to the right so that the extra map features, the title and legend (with region names), had ample room. However, since then we've added ports that required a bonus legend of their own and a description about how they work. Those two extras have been put in the last couple corners, rather than being fit with the original legend. Now the continents are looking a little too close to those newer features.

Would it be possible to shuffle the continents over a smidgen?
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
aeronautic wrote:
I can do this, there are also a couple of other things that might need doing, so let's give it a little time in Beta to get some feedback.

I lowered the intensity on the red island and remembered to remove the red circle this time.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Maybe have Meeting Point instead of Serpent's Pass for 2 Player Capitals?
Map for reference (click to show)

At the moment there are 2 routes that are 5 steps between the two caps (one using air temples, the other via Hei Bei's forest). Both of these routes are preserved with Meeting Point as a cap.

The change would be to another border territory, so both caps would still be on a border.

So basically, there are no disadvantages that I can see with the change, but there are 2 main advantages:

1) There is now a new fairly short attack path between the caps of 6 steps, through the yellow region.
2) The current Gates of Azulon cap borders the Southern Air Temple region, meaning that it has the opportunity to capture that region fairly easily. At the moment the capital in Serpent’s Pass does not have this opportunity. If the cap was switched to meeting point, it would give it the chance to take the Northern Air Temple Region, just like the other cap.

If I’ve missed something obvious as to why the cap in Serpent’s Pass is better than in Meeting Point, then tell me. If my suggestion is deemed logical by everyone, then please adopt it! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
It's still 5 steps through The Great Divide.
The_Bishop wrote:
Virtuosity is right. Nice observation.

Gates_Azulon has a great control on the borders of 2 regions, he can chose which to conquer according to the drop. Plus conquering the red region or the white one, in both cases he can create an outpost to threaten the enemy area.
Serpent_Pass theoretically have the same kind of control over 2 regions, but they both are so hard, and it also has a lower number of adjatiences, 4 v 5.

Moving it in Meeting_Point will give him more control over many regions, especially the white north-temple region. I don't know maybe it's good, maybe it's too much. A double attack path is already nice, but triple it's even better.

(Note: internal capitals are much easier to balance, just a couple of parameters rather than fifteen!)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
This is something you can put right Bishop or V98 if you deem it necessary.

I would however, team up with Matty to find out if there are any 2p Cap's games currently active and how this change will affect the game.

It is Beta after all, but it would still be the fair thing to do, to warn the players and give the option to cancel.

@The Authors, I have moved the Land, Labels, Connections, Borders, Air Bison & Circles as far to the left as I could without infringing on mini map & title, I think it looks a bit less one sided now. I hope this is satisfactory to everyone?
PsymonStark wrote:
It only would affect future games. The games being played can stay as is.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Oh yes, I forget about that at times... like now.

Well if they deem it necessary one should change the Cap position.

@The Authors, I have moved the Land, Labels, Connections, Borders, Air Bison & Circles as far to the left as I could without infringing on mini map & title, I think it looks a bit less one sided now. I hope this is satisfactory to everyone?
aaronfever wrote:
aeronautic - Mar 28, 05:17 PM

It now looks off to me because I'm not used to it, but it's better this way. I support!

Clarkette wrote:
I just read this!! I think we must have failed as parents. I don't know this either!!lol  
aaronfever wrote:
I'm noticing that the Northern Water Tribe (purple) needs another connection line. The Southern has 3, but the North only has 2. What's happened is that if someone has both of the Water Regions, they defender only needs to build up on 1 territory to defend itself. I think The Abbey (Orange) should connect to Full Moon Shields (purple).