Map Submission
  • 238 posts
  • Page 9 of 16
PsymonStark wrote:
Is it me the only one who is not convinced by the title? If it's so, please ignore.

These are my proposed caps for this map. The Gates of Azulon suddenly are not that great :P

Spoiler (click to show)
Spoiler (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aaronfever wrote:
PsymonStark - Mar 21, 12:30 AM
Is it me the only one who is not convinced by the title? If it's so, please ignore.

These are my proposed caps for this map. The Gates of Azulon suddenly are not that great :P

Spoiler (click to show)
Spoiler (click to show)

Can you explain to me what the numbers and colours on the map mean?
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
aeronautic wrote:
The colours don't mean anything they are just so that you can tell each number apart and spot them all on the map easily.

The numbers are the number of players so the ones for 2 players will have 2 circles, 3p, 3 circles and so on.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
One other thing we need for inputting the map are region names, have any been submitted? I can't seem to find a post with them on.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
The Cap positions seem good for a normal map, but I have a concern about 6,7,8 & 9p each having one player set up on a guaranteed air temple and in 7p 2 players have one. This not only gives an advantage to the player to only have to get a lucky spawn of 1 position on another air temple and they have a bonus (50% chance in 6p), but it also eliminates the possibility of getting 4 temples for everyone bar that player... 7p eliminates the 4 temple bonus completely.

There is also the fact that "air temples of the same colour are connected" to consider.

Could you try to find new positions where air temples are left free for all and count the steps via the air temples as well as across land?
aaronfever wrote:
aeronautic - Mar 21, 04:33 AM
One other thing we need for inputting the map are region names, have any been submitted? I can't seem to find a post with them on.
Battle of the Elements 2 (click to show)
The older maps have them, they were eventually taken out for space. The only territories that could possibly need names are the air nations, but their region names are very easy to find they each share them with their respective port territories (with large bison icons over them). Everywhere else is very easily differentiated by their unique colour.

• Northern Air Temple
  • Southern Air Temple
  • Eastern Air Temple
  • Western Air Temple
  • Northern Earth Kingdom
  • Southern Earth Kingdom
  • Northern Water Tribe
  • Southern Water Tribe
  • Fire Nation
  • United Republic of Nations (United Republic)
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
Virtuosity98 wrote:
PsymonStark said:
Spoiler (click to show)
Would it not be better to move one of the capitals for 3 players:
Move North Forest capital to Serpent's Pass.

Reasons: At the moment Gates of Azulon and Southern Islands can attack North Forest in 4 moves, but Gates of Azulon and Southern Islands can only attack each other in 5 moves.
With the change, all caps can attack each other in 5 moves, making it fairer.

Also:
PsymonStark said:
Is it me the only one who is not convinced by the title?
I agree with Psymon. It's not bad but it could definitely be improved.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
@V98, if we move it to Serpent's Pass, then Serpent's-Southern Islands is just 4 moves. Both are ok, so both can be chosen.

I didn't bare in mind the double bonus. That'll be tougher then.

Now without temples! (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
PsymonStark said:
@V98, if we move it to Serpent's Pass, then Serpent's-Southern Islands is just 4 moves. Both are ok, so both can be chosen.
My bad! :blush:
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

PsymonStark wrote:
Actually if we put the 3p cap in Lotus Cave, the distances are equal and more paths share distances. Only problem would be that the white region is smaller.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I feel that that arrangement would give Lotus Cave the edge over the other two capitals. So I would say it's better how it is already.
Day Actions:

naathim wrote:
for third cap, move to sun warrior ruins with 9 from Gates of azulon. 6 each way. Although still 5 between southern islands, north forest.

I know that gives that cap a higher percentage of gaining the +1 bonus for the air nation. But if they give in and actually take the bonus, they cut themselves off from using the air temple to travel.
PsymonStark wrote:
I still prefer all three caps in big regions, as we can't get them to be at the same distance.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Same.
Day Actions:

aeronautic wrote:
Okay, the Caps look good and fair now.

@aaronfever & Star0Dweller, I know I said I like the title as it is, but a couple have raised a concern about it, could you try something with it for full approval please?

This map is then ready to go to Beta and seem as V98 has just been trained on inputting and editing maps, I think he should input this when we are ready.
However, he will need Psymon's assistance on this one, because of a new bonus system Psymon devised and we tested to ensure it works correctly, which is unique to this map. The map will be input as normal and Psymon will add the special bonuses.