Map Submission
  • 238 posts
  • Page 14 of 16
aeronautic wrote:
emjaydee
I find it hard to distinguish two of the caps. I'm currently in a 7p game and the cap circles on Whaletail Islands and Lotus Cave are not clear at all.
The cap on Whaletail is the black player and if it wasn't for the high troop numbers I'd probably not have been able to spot it. Lotus cave is clearer, but not by much.
This game:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=468830
I agree, those two regions will either have to be darkened slightly or there will have to be a slightly dark backdrop sprayed where the circles will be.
I will try something tonight.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Unless of doing zebrated capital circles. Because it is not the first time we got problems with the white regions.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry guys, I have been tied up with GB & Ireland which needed 5 hours + upload & label amendments, I also threw in Tor updates. I will see if I can fit this in this evening, but I have also promised to redo the flag map on GB.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I have put a slight blue-ish spray behind where the capitals can be on the white regions and tested that the white circles are now visible.
Image uploaded, press CTRL+F5 to see changes.
aeronautic wrote:
There are not many test games being made for this map and with lack of feedback and extensive tests, it could be in Beta for a while.

If the creators are still active at D12, it would be advisable to utilise your Beta privileges and carry out test games that cover all possible game types on this map.
*Tip*, all Cap numbers should be tested from 2 to 9, Deathmatches from 5 to 7 players (the recommended amount for the map size) and at least one Domination games between 5 & 7 players.
Find out if there are unfair Cap positions, if there are too many easily defensible bonuses or the opposite, if there are any name/card issues or incorrect bonuses given/listed.
Make sure all circle colours are visible everywhere around the map and also that capital outer white rings are all visible.

The look of the map was pretty much covered before release to Beta.
naathim wrote:
I found the gameplay to be very fun and interesting. Lot's of different ways to play it successfully.

I can't think of any problems I found when playing on it.
aaronfever wrote:
naathim - May 11, 01:25 PM
I found the gameplay to be very fun and interesting. Lot's of different ways to play it successfully.

I can't think of any problems I found when playing on it.

Granted, I'm super-biased but I agree, I'm very proud of how open this map is. I've seen people successfully dominating with the poles, the air temples, the greens. There's no one continent that makes or breaks a game.
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
The_Bishop wrote:
There was an issue about the ease of the "double pole" super-region but reading aaronfever's post looks like it just works fine as it is. Me too I think it is a map rich of possibilities in the game, both for the bonuses and for the paths. Although the role of the temples seems to be a bit overloaded as they gives special bonuses AND special connections also, but I don't ask to change it, just saying.

Please guys give some feedback about region colors and how they match with marker colors. I didn't play so many games but I can remember purple circles not being very well on the red region. And also I know there were some hard problems on seeing the capitals on the white regions and aeronautic adjusted it with a light-blue spray effect but still nobody commented.

image for reference (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
I think all the color issues were fixed. The only thing I dislike is that only the territories which are caps are given the blue spray. That makes the map look weird, especially because all caps are not used at the same time. I'd add the blue spray to the rest of the territories.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep right. Maybe also different spray colors for different regions: green, red, yellow... instead of only blue.
aaronfever wrote:
If there's talk about putting a background "spray" behind the territories, I think they should be darker versions of the territory background colour. The same colours even, but with a multiply effect.
aeronautic wrote:
@aaronfever, do I have your email?

If so, I will pass you the current source file so that you can take care of the graphic colour changes.
I can't really follow the many hundreds of layers and I have had to put layers over yours for some of the changes.
Moving the whole land to the left was quite a task and might have been quicker for you to do and pass back to me.

When you have completed the region colour changes you need to put a copy here for the community to approve. When approved, send the source file back to me, I will make a flat optimised version to upload and then you will need to make some test games in order to verify that they have the desired effect.
aaronfever wrote:
You do have my email. I sent you something a while ago, just reply to it.
When you send me the email, would you be able to let me know what changes you have made after I passed off to you. If there are many hundreds of layers (WOW), it would considerably easier to make them on the original file that has only 10ish.

Also, in a finished game a little while ago, Star0Dweller utilized the air temples, and got bonuses for them. However, for some reason, it's listed in the log as:

Game 470005
6 May, 00:53:03 Star0Dweller received -1 troops for holding three Air Temples (N, S & W). 6 May, 00:53:03 Star0Dweller received -1 troops for holding three Air Temples (N, E & W). 6 May, 00:53:03 Star0Dweller received -1 troops for holding three Air Temples (N, S & E).