Experimenting / Learning
  • 481 posts
  • Page 25 of 33
aeronautic wrote:
Matty #360
I like crete with 1 border and a bonus of one.

Cireon #362
I would maybe change Crete into a linear region with connections to 37 and 39 instead of two connections to 38.

That aside, now that it has less connectivity and it's easier to defend most regions, it's a basis on which to now look for better map connectivity and game-play.

(Edit) I think you ought to make a thread to discuss game-play with the community and see if people find any pitfalls or choke-points.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
I tried to find the language version of territories from the same source as much as possible. I don't have any knowledge on the language or area or even greek history, and expect that I am wrong in a lot of areas, so it would be good to get that type of feedback. The font is Greex, I think it gives Greek symbols to capital letters as seen for the neutral areas ILLYRIA and ASIA MINOR.
I like the way it looks, but I suppose if it's odd to a local, then it shouldn't be there
aeronautic wrote:
Personally, I like the font, it gives it an authentic look. It would be great if you could find a Greek font that uses the same letter style, but doesn't replace letters with symbols.

(See edit on above post).
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
A Caribbeanesque map. https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/941/caribbean-map-4-players-caps

Theme for this dabble is East Timor independence 1999.
I chose connections based on the popular 4 player Caribbean type game. I specifically looked for a Caribbean type geography to tinker with.
4 easy to defend regions, with Port connectivity for a non Moron fix of the end game. 26 territories. 6 regions.

Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
You're on a roll...
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
It's fun! best way for me to wanna learn some history.
Timor (click to show)
100%
Hoodlum wrote:
 sketchy style
Timor 1.3 (click to show)
4 player scenario (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
map making mood.
Asia 52 territories. 8 regions. no theme.
ASIA (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
At first glance I think it looks really good.
Best see what everyone thinks about it and the game-play?
Matty wrote:
For a quick look the gameplay looks good too.
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light." ~The Lionturtle
Hoodlum wrote:
for further gameplay analysis
greys with numbers = how many adjacent territories
had a quick go at capitals. 2-9
gameplay caps (click to show)
100% view graphics no circles
Matty wrote:
I think this one deserves it's own thread B|
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light." ~The Lionturtle
Hoodlum wrote:
map happened playing around with paint program killin' time in between Mafia day/night phases kyla lol.