Unfair with Snug Cap
  • 30 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
The location of the Capitals and how it's connected Bahamas make the game unfair with the player who has Snug as his capital(and, unfortunately 2 of the 3 games I played I had this cap). Would it be possible to eliminate one of the Bahamas connection with Cuba in 4 players games?
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
lifeinpixels wrote:
i think it might be more fair if it was on georgetown... that way it would be easier to secure a continent bonus without leaving the cap exposed.
Vexer wrote:
There is no way to remove a connection to Cuba for just 4p caps.

I also don't think there is a way to get 4 fair caps on this map. The problem with moving the snug cap to Georgetown is that the Cayman cap can push to moron and then be right next to the Georgetown cap. There is a simpler solution to the problem. Don't play 4p caps on this map if you are worried that you might get snug as a cap. There are several maps that are unfair when the wrong number of players is selected. Once you learn which ones they are, you avoid them. If there was a fair way to do it then we would do it, but there isn't.
Vexer wrote:
Also, if you guys would help out in the map forums and help choose the cap positions you would know that for some maps there are no good solutions.

We currently have these maps that don't have caps: Korea - Japan, Central America.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I wonder... is it possible to make some maps available with caps for only certain player numbers?
Cireon wrote:
We are currently working on renewing the create game process in which it will become more clear when a certain combination of settings is unfair.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
lifeinpixels wrote:
I wonder... is it possible to ensure that the snug player would get at least 1 territory on juventud? that might make it a bit more even, since the rest of the caps usually get bonuses as well.
skarni wrote:
play four people capitals game in the house map, it is really funny
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
Glanru wrote:
skarni
play four people capitals game in the house map, it is really funny
I made the house map before all maps had capitals as options. I intended for it to not have them, but I was coaxed into selecting the best available locations anyway. 4 player is fairly balanced on it though, all things considered.
Hoodlum wrote:
Either you love this map or hate it.

Just an experiment for thought on the Popular 4 player caribbean games

Currently the best capital and starting position to get is.

1. Havana with a GOOD drop. (2+ territories chained to capital)
2. Jamaica with a GOOD drop (1+ territories chained to capital)
3. D.Rep with a GOOD drop (1+ territories chained to capital)
4. Jamica with a bad drop (no territories chained)
5. D.Rep with a bad drop (no territories chained)
6. Havana with a bad drop is about as good as Clarence with a good drop
7. Clarence with a bad drop

I tried a few combinations of connections, but I liked this one the best for 4 players to make it even.. no dreaded bahamas!.I havent checked other number caps just for 4 players
Spoiler (click to show)

large troops showing prediction of end game placements. Havana cap owner has an option to camp on Moron and trade with Florida cap on snug, or Sit on Santa Clara and trade on moron as usual. if he sits on moron, santiago can be used between D.REP cap and Cayman cap owners.

Havana has an lesser bonus now, but better card options end game
D.REP cap is not so blind in a fog game with the santiago connection.
and most importantly notably the North player isn't disadvantaged.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman