Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 25 of 40
aeronautic wrote:
Matty #360
I like crete with 1 border and a bonus of one.

Cireon #362
I would maybe change Crete into a linear region with connections to 37 and 39 instead of two connections to 38.

That aside, now that it has less connectivity and it's easier to defend most regions, it's a basis on which to now look for better map connectivity and game-play.

(Edit) I think you ought to make a thread to discuss game-play with the community and see if people find any pitfalls or choke-points.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
I tried to find the language version of territories from the same source as much as possible. I don't have any knowledge on the language or area or even greek history, and expect that I am wrong in a lot of areas, so it would be good to get that type of feedback. The font is Greex, I think it gives Greek symbols to capital letters as seen for the neutral areas ILLYRIA and ASIA MINOR.
I like the way it looks, but I suppose if it's odd to a local, then it shouldn't be there
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Personally, I like the font, it gives it an authentic look. It would be great if you could find a Greek font that uses the same letter style, but doesn't replace letters with symbols.

(See edit on above post).
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
A Caribbeanesque map. https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/941/caribbean-map-4-players-caps

Theme for this dabble is East Timor independence 1999.
I chose connections based on the popular 4 player Caribbean type game. I specifically looked for a Caribbean type geography to tinker with.
4 easy to defend regions, with Port connectivity for a non Moron fix of the end game. 26 territories. 6 regions.

Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
You're on a roll...
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
It's fun! best way for me to wanna learn some history.
Timor (click to show)
100%
Hoodlum wrote:
 sketchy style
Timor 1.3 (click to show)
4 player scenario (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
map making mood.
Asia 52 territories. 8 regions. no theme.
ASIA (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
At first glance I think it looks really good.
Best see what everyone thinks about it and the game-play?
Matty wrote:
For a quick look the gameplay looks good too.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
for further gameplay analysis
greys with numbers = how many adjacent territories
had a quick go at capitals. 2-9
gameplay caps (click to show)
100% view graphics no circles
Matty wrote:
I think this one deserves it's own thread B|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
map happened playing around with paint program killin' time in between Mafia day/night phases kyla lol.